Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Trump Opens Canada’s Tallest Condo Tower With $6 Million Toronto Suites
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto, Canada’s tallest residential building, opens today, capping a seven-year effort to bring the brand of billionaire Donald Trump to the country’s largest city.

The C$500 million ($498 million) Trump tower is the first of three luxury hotel-condominium projects opening this year in Toronto, after The Ritz-Carlton opened last year. The Four Seasons Hotel (FS) and Private Residences and the 66-story Shangri-La Toronto are also set to open this year.

Nobody Can Compete
If there is rivalry brewing among Toronto’s luxury hotels, the billionaire behind the brand name said he isn’t worried.

“Toronto is a vibrant, great city. We have a great product,” Donald Trump told reporters Jan. 24 at the Americas Lodging Investment Summit in Los Angeles. “Nobody will be able to compete with us.”

The Trump building is in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, rising 277 meters (908 feet) among towers bearing the logos of Canada’s largest banks including Bank of Montreal and Bank of Nova Scotia.

The Trump hotel features a two-level spa with pool, a 12,000-square-foot ballroom and 31st-floor dining at Stock Restaurant Bar & Lounge. Rooms start at C$395 a night and go as high as C$20,000 for the 4,000-square-foot presidential suite.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...ondo-tower-with-6-million-toronto-suites.html

couple of shots posted yesterday by MysticMcgoo at SSC....looking very good at street level imo...

IMG-20120130-00091.jpg

IMG-20120130-00090.jpg

National Post: Trump opens Toronto luxury hotel; $6M condos completing soon

About 60% of the 118 residential units in the 65-storey tower have been sold, with the remaining condos priced from $2.3-million to $6.3-million, according to Talon International Development Inc., the owner and developer.

The building also has hotel suites, owned by investors who can earn revenue when used by a hotel guest. About 85% of the 261 hotel rooms have been sold, with the rest priced from $967,000.

I like it (at least at street level). A nice change from all the boring glass we see around the city. Looks very New York-ish which is what I think they were going for anyways.

I like it (at least at street level). A nice change from all the boring glass we see around the city. Looks very New York-ish which is what I think they were going for anyways.

yeah, thank God it is not another all glass tower.
I think it is more appealing than its neighbours, ScotiaPlaza and Bay/Adelaide Centre.

yeah, thank God it is not another all glass tower.
I think it is more appealing than its neighbours, ScotiaPlaza and Bay/Adelaide Centre.

I may be biased, but it's not better than its across-Bay St. neighbour (although I will concede it's likely much more luxurious on its upper floors :) Of course, they don't build 'em like the Canada Permanent any more.

Back