Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I don't know how honest that is. I mean, honestly, if Trump Tower Toronto would have beckoned all the conspicuous consumers in the world to come to Toronto, it probably wouldn't have taken 7 years to sell enough units to start construction, and they probably wouldn't have had to reduce the number of floors in the building.

7 years to start construction? Hmm. Not quite. But that's the rumour, eh?

Trump Toronto opened for sales in September 2004.
By January 2007 we had sold $250-million in real estate (can you name any other property in Toronto that sold that much during that time-frame?)
$310-million in construction financing secured by March 2007.
October 2007, groundbreaking.
November 2007, excavation begins

Originally, we expected the building to be completed in about 3.25 to 3.5 years. Unfortunately, due to weather and other site challenges, it's going to clock in at a little over 4.25 years from start to finish.

When I started with the project during the design phase in 2003 it was 65-stories. Soon after it became 68 stories (with 338 units) and then 70 stories (383 and than later 438 units... which was simply just too much density for our small footprint). In the end, we ended up with 379 total units and much nicer building on the inside than we ever imagined. Sure, I wish we could have made 70-stories work, for the sake of being the tallest building in Canada, but with our small footprint, it would not have been such a great experience for residents in particular on the higher floors. There are only so many elevators that could be squeezed into the footprint. Slow sales were not the reason behind the decision.

We've endured years of rumours regarding sales and yet, we continued to sell. It's a finite market at this price level. And yet, the building is opening in early 2012. And bias aside, it's quite spectacular. As our pals at Urban Toronto can attest to, the views from above are amazing.

The bottom-line, when it's all said and done, the building is built and will make it's mark on the Toronto skyline for generations to come. We're all extremely proud of it.

Yup, I'll attest that the interior is gorgeous.

Great post TT: packed with info - just what we love!

The top of Trump today from my POV -

It's been quite a few years since the "this thing will never get built" jokes

And even longer since the "this thing will never get built" serious comments.

Anyone else remember those days?

Trump Reflecting off BMO

6335641980_bf4623f929_o.jpg

trumptoronto Do you know if there is a final decision on weather the the PATH will be connected to Trump? A few months back the GM was unsure if they wanted Trump connected to the PATH because the staff wouldn't be able to greet guests. What a ridiculous reason! Also Trump JR didn't think people even used the PATH.

i will say that Trump can look pretty awkward from bay street south ^^^ the balance is kinda weird. especially with the spire,

is there going to be a logo on the south side of the mechanical box? i think that would look good. especially since many people will see it and know what that building is.

i wonder if we'll be hearing people saying "Trump Tower" on the streets now.... will people know what that building is?

and Haljackey, please post the last pic on the FCP thread over here. it's a great shot of Trump.

awww yeah ^^^ so hot... trump looks like it's gained a few pounds from that perspective, but it's all good. the dome stands out even more!
trumpgasm.

Back