Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

20111004Core.jpg

You could probably make a lot of money selling postcards to tourists with this image.

Incredible photos! Cinema Tower and Pinnacle on Adelaide will be blocking some of those views. Should be able to see Studio on Richmond in the photo as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GAWD I AM IN AWE!!!!... Amazingly breathtaking pics interchange! Trump just raised the bar! purely iconic in this view! and instantly recognizable! eye catching compared to the boxes that are FCP and Bay Adelaide.... and 99% of the skyscrapers in that view have flat roofs!

Interchange taking next level photos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummmm - thanks all!

But… as the edit notes say - please do not repost photos so soon!

Last edited:
indeed, both of those pics are phenomenal... the last one would certainly be postcard material with Trump's spire lit up and Shangri-La with its roof fins in place. its all about being in the right place at the right time - cameras love that nice balanced medium light that you get in the early morning and late day. This time of year sunset/dusk lasts quite a long time too which is nice.

so, who do we know that lives in Glas? I would like to suggest that they hold a UT photographers party there before the weather gets too cold!

I just noticed there are more mismatched panels on the upper floors of newly installed glass.... wonder why/how the glass breaks/who is to blame.... BTW: how much are one of these panels on average.?

Redroom: sorry that I can't extend the invite for a photog's party at Glas - at least not at this point!

The copy of the full downtown image in this post has been replaced with a higher-res version. If you want the image for Wallpaper or a Desktop Picture and can open it in a separate window, you should be able to download the 1440 pixel-wide version from there.

I just got back from lunch and I'll say that from Yonge/Bloor the spire on Trump does indeed look taller than Scotia, but not by much.

Yet the spire on Trump will no more transform it into a 68 storey building than the antennae on FCP will transform that tower into an 85 storey building.

This Morning

I think that Trump looks a lot better from the ground than it does from a distance. How it meets the ground and the height + shape is quite striking from along Bay or Adelaide.

I shot over 100's photos today of the Spire, that does not could the numbers from Wed from various angles around the city and none of them show the Spire being taller than the Scotiabank building as plan.

Has anyone taken the measurement from the top of the Spire yet, to say how tall it really is?

Steel was arriving by the truck loads today that will be used for the Trump sign.

Saw a number (12?) of ends of 24 WF beams cut off as either the beams were too long to fit where they were suppose to go or to be removed. They were galvanize and the header connect were still attached to the beam, that was about 3-4 feet long.

Welding was taking place in the Spire around 6 pm.

Given the number of photos I have shot the last few days and in the coming days, it will be sometime next weeks before I can uploaded them to my site, so I can post them here.

When I was shooting from Humber Bay Wed night at sunset, various windows were not like rest of the other ones for some reason and will show up in the photo. Using a long range zoom on the D7000 in place of the Cannon one now.

Crews were adding more sections at the Bay corner for the lighting.

I think that's just perspective. Look at the change in apparent roof height on Scotia from left-to-right (from the thin part to the fat part). Take that difference and multiply it by the number of times greater the distance from the thin part of Scotia to Trump's spire is, and I think you'd realize it's almost too close to call

Back