Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Its amazing seeing these tall buildings crammed together like that. I don't think i would want a million dollar condo at Trump's with office workers looking in on me, unless i had one of the penthouse units.

Isn't that a fact of life living in the city? I mean that's what curtains are for aren't they?

I was walking through the TD Centre courtyard and was admiring the view of trump from between two of the TD Centre buildings. I decided to snap a crappy zoomed BB photo. But I would imagine in the right light conditions for someone with a good camera this location will make for great shots of trump.
4444784003_6665dd0dba_o.jpg

I was walking through the TD Centre courtyard and was admiring the view of trump from between two of the TD Centre buildings. I decided to snap a crappy zoomed BB photo. But I would imagine in the right light conditions for someone with a good camera this location will make for great shots of trump.

In the coming weeks and months Trump is going to be increasingly difficult to photograph as it rises given how it's nestled within a cluster of highrises. This, however, is a smashing view. Thanks for the tip Motage, good shot too.

Nice angle Mo-tage! I believe thats probably the (or one of) most unobstructed view Trump will ever get from street level... Trump Toronto is most promoted as viewed from Bay and Adelaide (with the spire and all) but it will be interesting to see how the building looks as a whole from here once its all said and done... I'm freakin anxious!!!

Nice angle Mo-tage! I believe thats probably the (or one of) most unobstructed view Trump will ever get from street level... Trump Toronto is most promoted as viewed from Bay and Adelaide (with the spire and all) but it will be interesting to see how the building looks as a whole from here once its all said and done... I'm freakin anxious!!!

I'm surprised you say that Steveve. You took some great shots of Trump from Temperance near Cloud Gardens. I believe you posted a video from there too. I think that is a great angle to capture Trump when it's complete. Not that the view from TD will be terrible or anything.

As the building goes up, say another 4-8 levels, it's going to be pretty much impossible without a wide angle lens to get the whole building into the frame, photos will have to be stitched given the position of nearby buildings. Steveve's shots from the Cloud Gardens and the one above by Mo-tage offer two of the few angles that will capture parts of the building as it rises. Mo-tage's photo only captures part of the south wall of the building and the Cloud Gardens only offer part of the north and east (butt side) of the building at lower levels.

I'm most looking forward to the addition of Trump to this angle...

3639770761_0b52319b6d.jpg

I guess so! I need a lens that can do that, did you take that Redroom? If so, great work.

Great photo Redroom! Which photostream of yours is it on Flickr? I can't find it. I would like to see the larger version.

I'm surprised you say that Steveve. You took some great shots of Trump from Temperance near Cloud Gardens. I believe you posted a video from there too. I think that is a great angle to capture Trump when it's complete. Not that the view from TD will be terrible or anything.

Like a few posts up people were saying that the view will be obstructed once BA2 is built and as it climbs higher up in the sky it is true... Trumps got weird positioning so its fairly hard to get shots from far away to capture all the progress... Say, the Ritz for example has got plenty of space to the north (metro hall park, etc...) so the whole building can be monitored as it goes up... Trumps just sorta out of luck... :p

**And in that first shot Traynor posted,,, MAN does that shot of the financial district look empty! Trump really adds alot to that shot! and BA2 and 3 are bound to do the same! :D

Started to stock level 11 curtainwall frames Saturday, this is the first floor that will wrap around the south elevation except for the man and material hoist leave-out. Since we have left the parking levels behind us installation has picked up.

Last edited:
Like a few posts up people were saying that the view will be obstructed once BA2 is built and as it climbs higher up in the sky it is true... Trumps got weird positioning so its fairly hard to get shots from far away to capture all the progress... Say, the Ritz for example has got plenty of space to the north (metro hall park, etc...) so the whole building can be monitored as it goes up... Trumps just sorta out of luck... :p

**And in that first shot Traynor posted,,, MAN does that shot of the financial district look empty! Trump really adds alot to that shot! and BA2 and 3 are bound to do the same! :D

That was kind of my point above, without access to surrounding highrises photographic opportunities of Trump are becoming very limited. Even from the Cloud Garden only a part of the south and east sides of the building can be captured.
By the way, great photos Traynor.

Back