Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

That is what I am hoping they call the station. There really should be a 20 character limit on station names. "Vaughan Centre" and "407 Transitway" describe the stations well enough.

+1

There should be a limit or the names will start to get ridiculous.

if the sign guy gets paid per letter, he's gonna be really pissed at you guys! ;)

You got to be joking that is dumb, Dumb. Oh my god, can I have some of that stuff they are drinking or smoking??? LOL :mad::p:confused:

Scarborough Town Centre/Scarborough City Centre's stop is simply Scarborough Centre, I see no reason Vaughan should be any different. Vaughan Centre is fine.

I have to agree that a name that long is not really necessary. The TTC map is going to look cluttered enough with all the transit city lines on there anyways (I'm assuming they're going to add them onto the subway map, even if they don't actually list the station stops).

But on the other hand, Vaughan is paying for that part of the extension, why not make them feel important by having a long name for their "flagship station"? hahaha.

This comment isn't so much about the northern extension to York U. which is needed and beyond, which is questionable, but the soutern point at Union Station.

I always thought they should look into extending the Union platform both east and west then seperating the Univesity/Spadina line from the Yonge line. This would increase the capacity of the Union subway platform significantly and would make the headways on both the Yonge line and Univesity/Spadina line more manageable. This would increase capacity on both lines significantly if the headways were shortened even slightly. For the passengers who travel south on Yonge or South on University who wish to continue north on the other line, all they would have to do is walk down the same platform and catch the connecting train- no stairs to negotiate.

Maybe this plan would be impossible from an engineering standpoint- but I always felt that the two lines should be seperated. Union Station would then be served by 2 seperate subway lines, streetcars, buses and commuter trains, its capacity could increase because the subway platform could handle the excess traffic and the elongated platform wouldn't get as crowded as it does now.

I think it would be pretty impossible from an engineering standpoint... those curves probably can't be made any tighter. They already go around them pretty slowly. Then you'd also run into the issue of crossovers... that's the limiting factor in the headways....

^ You can't imagine a curved platform?

blogger_london_underground.jpg

Oh, I didn't think about that. The greatest technological innovation of the last hundred years: the liability lawyer on contingency!

Back