Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Thank you! I could not for the life of me remember the legislation that prevented pickup and drop off.
So does yrt have an exception for picking up passengers on yonge st to steeles?
Imo this is one of those legacy laws that has outlived itself. If ttc is part of the gta group of transit systems aka Metrolinx they should be more open tolettingg people board and get off from border stops.

York Region isn't "permitting" the TTC to operate buses in York Region. They're hiring the TTC as a contractor to operate the bus routes.

Quite the opposite. They are canceling most of the routes north of Steeles. The 24 and 25 got cut back a few years ago. Jane also got cut back to Steeles.

Only a few routes in Scarborough continue to have service north of Steeles (17, 68, 129, 102).

I wonder if this is by agreement with the City of Markham given all those routes run into Markham. The other notable exception is the TTC bus to Wonderland but that may have been a convenience thing.

So does yrt have an exception for picking up passengers on yonge st to steeles?

They're allowed to pick people up for any trip that doesn't start and end in Toronto. It's not an exception, it's just how the rules are written. Where they do get exceptions is for trips within Toronto. YRT used to have one for trips between York University and Downsview.

Quite the opposite. They are canceling most of the routes north of Steeles. The 24 and 25 got cut back a few years ago. Jane also got cut back to Steeles.

Probably because it got too expensive to justify the cost of using the TTC for those routes, but it's still not expensive enough to cut routes like McCowan, Birchmount and Warden.

I wonder if this is by agreement with the City of Markham given all those routes run into Markham.

Public Transit in York Region operates the same way that it did in pre-amalgamation Toronto. Individual municipalities in York Region don't make public transit decisions, and TTC routes still run into Vaughan (165, 35, 107, 105 and 160). The only routes being affected by the subway extension are the 35 and 107 - the other three are still going to run to Downsview, Wilson and York Mills.

They're allowed to pick people up for any trip that doesn't start and end in Toronto. It's not an exception, it's just how the rules are written. Where they do get exceptions is for trips within Toronto. YRT used to have one for trips between York University and Downsview.

Probably because it got too expensive to justify the cost of using the TTC for those routes, but it's still not expensive enough to cut routes like McCowan, Birchmount and Warden.

Public Transit in York Region operates the same way that it did in pre-amalgamation Toronto. Individual municipalities in York Region don't make public transit decisions, and TTC routes still run into Vaughan (165, 35, 107, 105 and 160). The only routes being affected by the subway extension are the 35 and 107 - the other three are still going to run to Downsview, Wilson and York Mills.

Wrong. The 105 and 165 will be split into two at Steeles Avenue. YRT will run their own routes on Weston Road and Dufferin Street to Pioneer Village Station. There is no YRT route to York Mills, either.

See this: https://seanmarshall.ca/2016/12/04/unanswered-questions-about-torontos-next-subway-extension/

Of the routes you mentioned, only the 160 Bathurst North will remain as is, according to current plans.

Wrong. The 105 and 165 will be split into two at Steeles Avenue. YRT will run their own routes on Weston Road and Dufferin Street to Pioneer Village Station. There is no YRT route to York Mills, either.

See this: https://seanmarshall.ca/2016/12/04/unanswered-questions-about-torontos-next-subway-extension/

Of the routes you mentioned, only the 160 Bathurst North will remain as is, according to current plans.

Ok. Anyways, back on topic... The TTC is responsible for the subway, and that includes any replacement for the subway during outages. They can decide not to run subway replacement services north of Steeles, but they have not said if this will be the case (contrary to what some people here are saying).

Ok. Anyways, back on topic... The TTC is responsible for the subway, and that includes any replacement for the subway during outages. They can decide not to run subway replacement services north of Steeles, but they have not said if this will be the case (contrary to what some people here are saying).

it would be a monumental gongshow if that were to happen. TTC as the owners of this line must be responsible for contingencies and make necessary arrangements to ensure uninterrupted service in Canada's largest transit network.
Partisanship and ignorance of the surface routes are not acceptable excuses

"Anyways, back on topic... " - that's a nice deflection technique after posting clearly wrong information which I have no idea where you got it from. If you're going to speculate on things like who is going to operate shuttles, it's good to get the facts in order.

Ok. Anyways, back on topic... The TTC is responsible for the subway, and that includes any replacement for the subway during outages

They may be doing that between Lawrence West and Sheppard West but the reality is there is no good routing for them short of using the Allen expressway. I went up there when the subway was out once and traffic was a nightmare going along Dufferin.

Given all that they have a legitimate excuse for not running shuttles. With that being said it will be fun seeing what they do.

It is not a daily occurrence but rest assured they probably have a plan in place. Probably a mix of the two companies.

I was just look up some things about the TYSSE and I found this document that contained this:
EGz2nRMnSOCarKp1q3f_AA.png

Which is a plan for the north parking lot at Pioneer Village Station that includes the YRT terminal (quite simple) and an access road to Jane Street. What's interesting is that there's a one-way BRT lane that connects the YRT terminal to Jane Street. I wonder if this is for entry or exit? Why can't it be both? Google Earth shows that this is still in the plan (I know it's not for certain) too.

I was just look up some things about the TYSSE and I found this document that contained this:
EGz2nRMnSOCarKp1q3f_AA.png

Which is a plan for the north parking lot at Pioneer Village Station that includes the YRT terminal (quite simple) and an access road to Jane Street. What's interesting is that there's a one-way BRT lane that connects the YRT terminal to Jane Street. I wonder if this is for entry or exit? Why can't it be both? Google Earth shows that this is still in the plan (I know it's not for certain) too.

Judging by the map it appears the BRT lane delivers buses to the terminal from the north. The YRT terminal appears to be fronted onto a roadway which means buses cannot loop around the terminal very easily in order to re-enter the BRT lane. Keep in mind the BRT lane appears to exiting at 45 degrees making a right turn in somewhat awkward.

My guess it is exit only by design. The buses exit the BRT lane, make sharp right to the platform and thats all she wrote. No easy way to make it bi-directional

Back