Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

I've uploaded a bunch of my photos from yesterday's tour into the Downsview Park Station thread. The post is in three parts, starting here: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...ation-m-s-ttc-aecom.26510/page-9#post-1185555

Here's one of my shots from today's front page story that I feel is worth re-sharing:

View attachment 96999

Decent design but what's with the TTC's obsession with cream. All I can think of when I see that colour are white walls/ceilings that have been stained yellow from decades of cigarette smoking. It's possibly the most dreary depressing colour they could have chosen. It's the colour of plaque and dirty dingy plaster.

Decent design but what's with the TTC's obsession with cream. All I can think of when I see that colour are white walls/ceilings that have been stained yellow from decades of cigarette smoking. It's possibly the most dreary depressing colour they could have chosen. It's the colour of plaque and dirty dingy plaster.

a vain attempt to reminiscence on the good ol' days maybe.....??? lol

The openness is really amazing. It is definetly too much, but as I mentioned before, with transfers from the Barrie RER line we might see alot more use than we are expecting.

With any sort of fare integration this could turn into a very heavily-used station. A co-fare (like in York Region) would mean that a lot of people from Vaughan, Aurora and Newmarket transfer to the subway and continue southbound to Sheppard or Eglinton, where the 196 bus and LRT could take them to Yonge. True fare integration would get a lot of subway passengers to take this line down to Caledonia, Union and the proposed Spadina & Lansdowne stations.

32123207760_319f827ede_h.jpg

Is the TTC dumping the overhead signage that's used on the Sheppard subway and at Union & Downsview?

Is the TTC dumping the overhead signage that's used on the Sheppard subway and at Union & Downsview?
From what I saw, yes they are dumping the overhead and place them on the wall that should be larger and more of them. Again, this is still under construction and all the final touches are not in place.

We should have a clearer view come the end of May, when the station is open for Open Doors as what will happen.

Line 1 Subway Extension Bus Changes
Proposed Bus Network Adjustments
The new Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE) will require changes to some parts of the bus network. The bus network will change to promote new connections and improve subway access for customers.

Now:
exist_big.png

December 2017:
prop_big.png

Last edited:
thing is that this station is pretty much in the middle of nowhere...no intersections, no major hubs (yet) just a go train station.
I suppose its really meant to be a terminal for the go train until theres major development
Nitpick: it is not a terminal for GO....it is a station, it's is an interchange between GO and TTC....but not a terminal.

Also interesting that the York U GO station is officially off the map. Metrolinx has not confirmed that publicly yet.

I suppose the reason is because there's no buses connecting to it.
Correctly if I'm wrong but this is a detail of the bus route changes not the system map?

The map is a teensy bit misleading because the station and Sheppard Ave are a lot closer together than it may appear. Presumably people could get off the 84 and transfer at this stop rather than carrying on to Sheppard West. Having said that, it's clearly not much of a bus-subway interface. There are some walkable destinations but not too many. One hope that the area attracts some redevelopment, although with the airport and park there, and the land all zoned as employment land, development will have its limits.

- Paul

I suppose the reason is because there's no buses connecting to it.
Correctly if I'm wrong but this is a detail of the bus route changes not the system map?
True, but correct me if I'm wrong, there are currently no busses connecting to York U GO as welll.

Back