Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

and considering the kid is a different colour glass then the parents, i think that it might not have been the RBC tower that impregnated the Ritz with their Simcoe place son. Bay Adelaide Centre quite possibly was in an affair with her. kind of odd that the son is 20 years older than the parents as well..

Bremner Tower framed by Ice west and Infinity Phase 3
Tonight:

Dz59JDF.jpg

Holly crap, these towers are growing like wild fire, wasn't the Delta like just a ground level yesterday? (I'm exaggerating). Tell me something my fellow UT members (I ask as so many of you are so knowledgeable regarding the construction process), what factors are involved, that makes some projects grow so damned fast, like the Southcore, while others, like U condos, grow slower then a tree in the Arctic?, just curious.....

It has to do with what phase of construction, partly. When you're working on the garage and the podium you're working on floors that are each unique, and for which forms have to be built for each one. Once you get up into the towers you get typical floor, so new forms don't need to be built, they just get lifted from floor to floor. That's why it speeds up when you get up high.

Also remember that every building has different size floor plates, especially when it comes to the garages and podiums.

There's also the situation of having to deal with ground water, eg. underground rivers, at some projects. That slows things down considerably during excavation phases.

Hey skyjacked its great that we are getting contributions from other crane operators besides yourself. Considering the number of cranes currently dotting the skyline the potential is enormous.

I didn't expect any of the glass on the Delta to be the same shade as the office towers. I think that slick glass combined with the shape of this tower could make for a stunner. :)

I think Delta should be going up fast, because its not as big as other towers and condos in this city by width, yet its pretty tall. I cant wait to see this from the island next year.

At a mere 160 meters in height and considering whats being built around it, you will hardly notice it.

Agreed, remember when the Royal York was the hallmark of our business district, especially when looking at it from the Gardiner? Now you can't even see it, hell, from some angles, you can only see the top of FCP, and it's only going to get more dense. To be really seen, they'd have to build really tall. Super or megatall would do nicely, if, and when, there is a need for one, which will not be for quite some time yet. So far, yes, we're a tall city, but only to a point, it will be years, or never, before we see projects like they do in China, Dubai, or Mumbai. What we seem to have (just my own observations, correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am) is a tight knit group of 200+ meter towers, with any more on the way, creating a seemingly gigantic wall of glass and steel. In the super and megatall cities, it looks much more open, huge towers, with big gaps in between them. I much prefer our skyline of hundreds of towers crammed in tightly, just looks more uniform then a 600+ meter tower surrounded by scattered, much shorter buildings, but that's just my take on it, I'm certain many will disagree, to each his (or her) own my friends. :cool:

Back