Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

QRC has not found a tenant and is not really under construction !!

They are restoring the heritage building just to get a head start, after it is done if there is no tenant construction will stop.

They are restoring the heritage building just to get a head start, after it is done if there is no tenant construction will stop.

Can they really only restore it without commencing the infrasture to hold an 11 storey new building overtop it.:confused:

Can they really only restore it without commencing the infrasture to hold an 11 storey new building overtop it.:confused:

Oh they probably will, the idea is they'll find a tenant by the time they're ready to move on, but if they don't I'm sure they'll stop to avoid spending any more money.

We would have heard something if a tenant was signed.

Do you know this or are you postulating?

Do you know this or are you postulating?

Postulating, but confident postulating at that :)

Recall they made an announcement, about 6 months ago or so, that they hadn't found a main tenant yet but would start restoring the heritage. I'm sure we would have heard and it would be made public once a main tenant is secured.

But then again the Bremner Tower went ahead without any secure tenant...so it is happening more and more often without public notice.

Why do you say that ? A lot of rumors will floating around that it would be capped at ground level. Going ahead with the parking lot / foundation at the same time of the hotel made sense.

Now, rumors are a tenant has been secured for the Bremner Tower and that is why it is going ahead now.

That actually reminds me a lot of the Cumberland Terrace proposal. But I also agree that the final design looks more refined and is a huge improvement.

Interesting lead tenant on this one. Apparently they were in the running for a nearby competitor as well.

Last edited:
Interesting lead tenant on this one. Apparently they were in the running for a nearby competitor as well.

Do you mean that the nearby Ice complex office tower was also trying to woo the same lead tenant to kick-start that project? Would you know when this Bremner Tower may announce its lead tenant and accordingly, start construction? (I'm assuming the lead tenants is one of the banks?) Thanks.

Back