Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

Photos i took of Southcore as it looks today:

5229932119_c2f3d469e7_b.jpg

5229931153_84968dbb48_b.jpg

Why is this district even called "Southcore"? Who named it that? Last I heard, it was called the Railway Lands. Has it officially been changed or has somebody just taken the liberty to change it themselves? I would have hoped for something a bit more interesting or distinctive to Toronto. Southcore sounds so generic. At least the Railway Lands refers to something like the Roundhouse, which has some relevance to the past and the present. I think a neighbourhood name change is in order.

Last edited:
Why is this district even called "Southcore"? Who named it that? Last I heard, it was called the Railway Lands. Has it officially been changed or has somebody just taken the liberty to change it themselves? I would have hoped for something a bit more interesting or distinctive to Toronto. Southcore sounds so generic. At least the Railway Lands refers to something like the Roundhouse, which has some relevance to the past and the present. I think a neighbourhood name change is in order.

Southcore is the name that the developer of 18 York, Bremner Tower and the Delta Hotel gave to their three tower complex. Some have independently decided to apply that name to all the Railyway Lands.

Southcore is the name that the developer of 18 York, Bremner Tower and the Delta Hotel gave to their three tower complex. Some have independently decided to apply that name to all the Railyway Lands.

So a developer named it? Well, no wonder it's so lame! In that case, let's just call it "The Rogers District" since they'll soon own both ends of it. Hell, let's just let all developers name all our neighbourhoods and save ourselves the trouble. I'd love to live in "The Star Of Downtown District".

Some of us like the Southcore moniker. Personally I think "Railway lands" sounds more generic.

Cool renders above; it's interesting to see that a few years ago, Infinity was ahead of the times for developing those lands, and soon it's going to be completely dwarfed and out of scale to the new development. Crazy how fast it's changed down there.

Wow - very impressive renders wyliepoon - if you are the person who did these, you are very talented indeed. Thanks for a glimpse of the future.

How about "Boxcore"? Considering that there will soon be 4 giant boxes on a short stretch of Bremner...

Last edited:

Back