Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

There's only one on there still, and it hasn't rated me taking a photo yet. I'd wait, if I were you Solaris, to hear about more progress. It will be a waste of time until then.

This is a bloody joke lol, how tacky is this lol. 1 the area is a crap hole industrial with a huge cookie factory across the street along with other industries, then a sewage plant close by, then other lame condos like beyond seas, ocean club/breeze whatever its called. I feel sorry for the ppl who bought into this joke, hell even mississauga is a better local!

My 2 cents!

This is a bloody joke lol, how tacky is this lol. 1 the area is a crap hole industrial with a huge cookie factory across the street along with other industries, then a sewage plant close by, then other lame condos like beyond seas, ocean club/breeze whatever its called. I feel sorry for the ppl who bought into this joke, hell even mississauga is a better local!

My 2 cents!

What? What's wrong with a cookie factory? The entire place will likely be redeveloped in the future.

And what's so great about your City Place?

this guy obviously hasn't been by the park up the road. It's one of the nicest looking places in the summer time in this city, rich area is just north of the condo, Plaza strip mall is planned to be built in front of the condo building, and on top of all that the entire are is becoming residential so who knows if that cookie factory that bothers you so much will even be standing in future years to come. And also mississauga isn't close to downtown toronto. The only draw back is there is no subway nearby for those who don't drive, and without a car they still have a parking spot.

I have seen the area, Toronto has lots of parks/waterways/rivers etc. The rich area you are referring to is Bloor/Prince Edward im guessing and thats noth just north of the condo. Queensway area is still junky and lakeshore just west of Parklawn also. As for the strip mall infront of the condo are you being realistic as to what will be there? I can tell you 1 a dry cleaner 2 a real estate office 3 maybe a convinence store 4 possibly a walk in clinic. No it will not be a high end cafe of nice clothing botique or restaurant with a patio facing parklawn and a factory. Be a realist, those renderings are all lies, as for views to the lake ha, forget about it.

Haha. You tell me to be a realist and you claim it will be a dry cleaner and a real estate office. Use your head before you bring ideas and don't speak as if you sold the businesses. The entire area is condo's. All condo's come equipped with laundry machines. Real estate office, cmon my friend how likely is that. I don't buy into lies and i never said it was going to be something fance but simple logic tells it will be a little bit better than what you're saying. Realistically some kind of food store, even a dirty mcdonalds is more realistic than your real estate office.

Cityplaceguy: watch your tone. What you are doing now is called trolling. You are free to criticize projects if you want, but you need to be civil here... if you continue the way you are going, you will be turfed from UrbanToronto.

Ok I appologize if I was a bit harsh, and I dont mind toneing it down, but realistically I do find these project a bit tacky as it is mimicing the actual south beach, and as for the shops downstairs I belive I make a good point! Look at most condos in that area Mystic Point and the ones on lakeshore facing lakeshore, what kind of businesses do you see there?

I dont mean to be a jerk but someone must agree with me!

i think a lot of people already agreed that it's tacky and it could age really quick like the New York towers gimmick. Gimmicks are cool/trendy only for a few years and then people get tired of them.

But i'm pretty sure the retail is going to be more than just laundry and agent offices.

CityGuy - i am a buyer into south beach - and i agree with you to some extent. Some call it tacky some call it fashionable. I mean it won the project of the year award in 09 - so from an aesthetic and details in the building standpoint it is better than most project.
However the area: yes at this point it is not the best place in toronto - and not many options nearbly + no subway + not an unobstructed view - but keep in mind this is priced into the property.
You are geting a 2bdroom for 350-380 including parking. If you wanted the same in marine drive it would be 100-150grand more. If you wanted the same in scarborough - yes it'd cheaper but who would want to live there.
if you wanted this in shepp and yonge again looking at 60-100M more. The beauty in the project lies in the aesthetics / all the options inside the building / the 10-15 minute drive to downtown - and the beautiful skyline which we will enjoy for the first 3 years...

You guys will have views of the lake for more than three years, there will just be buildings in the view as well. The only people who will have uninterrupted views of the lake will be those towers closest to the water. The South Beach views should prove to be very interesting nevertheless.

The area will pick up over the years too, as so many units are coming to it, that it will not be too long before GO is forced to add a Park Lawn station. Their heads are in the sand regarding that now, but it will have to change, as traffic will get insane down there if better transit is not offered.

from today....

5489836555_51d5b72f91_b.jpg

Back