Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

""

Thanks for this Solaris...
I bought a unit at SB, and I never saw anything about glassed-in gardens at the top. Has anyone else heard about that?

As far as I know both towers will have solar panels on top to help generate energy... but like someone said the builder might have added this recently like he did with sprinkler system in the second tower...

BTW I received the following email couple of days ago...
------
Dear ####,

We are pleased to announce that South Beach Condos + Lofts has been selected as a finalist in six categories at the 2009 Ontario Home Builders' Association Awards of Distinction.

With over 400 entries, South Beach has been nominated as a finalist for:

* PROJECT OF THE YEAR - HIGH RISE
* MOST OUTSTANDING HIGH-RISE BUILDING
* MOST OUTSTANDING HIGH-RISE CONDO SUITE - The Collins
* BEST NEW HOMES SALES OFFICE - 1,500 sq. ft. and over
* BEST INTERIOR DECORATING - Model home/suite under 2,000 sq. ft. - The Delano
* BEST WEBSITE - www.southbeachtoronto.com

Award Winning South Beach Condos + Lofts is now under construction. As a registrant you are invited to the launch of the second and final tower - The Grand Finale.

During our launch, you will have the opportunity take advantage of early suite selection, special limited time pricing and amazing incentives.

The first tower is sold out so come by soon so you don't miss this opportunity to be part of this spectacular master planned development.

The Presentation Gallery features three model suites and is open seven days a week from 10am - 8pm. We are located at 88 Park Lawn Road, Toronto (Park Lawn and Lakeshore).

We look forward to seeing you there.

Feel The Vibe,

South Beach Condos + Lofts
www.southbeachtoronto.com

This project is under construction according to their advertising...

:Dthey have started the shoring process on the first tower.
that's what the sales office told me.

street car

Does anyone know what public transportation there is from Park Lawn to downtown. I notice there is a what looks like a street car/electric bus/ turnaround loop at Lakeshore going west but don't see any tracks going east. We are from out of town and thought there must be something going downtown.

the streetcar runs on Lake Shore Blvd connecting east to Queen Street

and there's buses that run along Park Lawn and The Queensway (which connect to the Old Mill subway station)

There was to be a streetcar loop built this year at Park Lawn, but due to budget issues, it will be built next year in the wrong location.

It will replace Humber

'Shoring' is the process of securing the land around the pit with steel i-beams and wood infill before excavation. This ensures that a sheer wall can be created without the sides continually collapsing. 'Building' is what occurs once the hole has been dug out and a crane installed.

Thanks for the info! Has anyone been to the sales centre recently? I'm curious whether the hole they dug has gotten any bigger. Looked about the same size the last time I was there....

I was at the sales office today and that hole is getting deeper and wider... :) sorry but i didn't have my camera to snap a few photos... maybe someone from Tides would be kind enough to post some photos...

Solaris... it's definitely 27 storeys... and I believe there's gonna be three levels of parking as oppose to two that they planned initially...

Last edited:
'Shoring' is the process of securing the land around the pit with steel i-beams and wood infill before excavation. This ensures that a sheer wall can be created without the sides continually collapsing. 'Building' is what occurs once the hole has been dug out and a crane installed.

I believe shoring is in the process.. I've been told they were hammering in metal beams in the last few weeks, and construction is actually ahead of schedule.:confused:

I'm a construction newbie.. I just want the place to be finished already LOL

Last edited:
has anyone been to the sales office in the last few weeks. Any pictures of the site?

has anyone been to the sales office in the last few weeks. Any pictures of the site?

Went by the sales office today and then for a walk along the Humber Bay Shores....beautiful day for a stroll. There was a lot of activity inside the sales center, and from the looks of it construction is well under way. Spoke to Jason, the project manager and he said that the second tower was a little over 60% sold. He said construction was progressing nicely with the first tower even with all of the hassles of excavation process....wasn't quite sure what he meant by that. Couldn't take any pics because the battery in my camera died, but overall things are looking good!

Back