Toronto Smart House | 82.6m | 25s | Urban Capital | a—A

Thank you for linking that! That's one of the more revealing exchanges/debates. Not only does Mayor Ford not understand Section 37, he does not understand anything in regards to the ramifications of taking this to the OMB, while Councillor Ford displays he has no clue what he's talking about whatsoever.

Good speeches by Gord Perks, one about 27 minutes in. He totally gets it. Pam McConnell speaks reasonably around 29 minutes in, but is a little loopy on a couple of details. Reasonable points made by John Filion 34 minutes in. Vaughan is very good 44 minutes in and again around the hour mark.

Thank you for linking that! That's one of the more revealing exchanges/debates. Not only does Mayor Ford not understand Section 37, he does not understand anything in regards to the ramifications of taking this to the OMB, while Councillor Ford displays he has no clue what he's talking about whatsoever.

But asking developers to pay for his mythical private sector subway was not a shakedown? As usual, the Fords have double standards.

pplication: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 14 148303 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: May 8, 2014

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 25 sty condo with 256 units, ground floor commercial, and 4 levels of below grade parking. Smart House.

smarthouses6.jpg

Attachments

• smarthouses6.jpg
    smarthouses6.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,506
Really looking forward to this one, should help the feel of the street a lot, though what retail they get will make a huge difference.

Remember there are multiple floors of retail here.

I love how the big sign on the site still says "Construction starts here in November!"

I am a big fan of colour, but when a building only has a little tiny bit i feel like its almost worse. Either go there, or don't. Some of the renderings for smart house seem to have a lot of red and others seem to just have a few balcony accents, which in my opinion isn't enough. I guess we will see, regardless this is nicer than the parking lot it's replacing.

I love how the big sign on the site still says "Construction starts here in November!"

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. Almost thought the RE bubble had finally blown up without me having heard of it.....somehow.

Back