News   May 03, 2024
 386     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 267     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 146     0 

Toronto skyline

I'm not sure of the location of this image - is it near the foot of Parliament/Cherry Streets?

I guess so, you can see it in this wider angle.

IMG_3312-1.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_8257.jpg

Got this shot of the mississauga skyline from Pearson Airport yesterday! Possibly the best angle to get it from.

Attachments

• IMG_8257.jpg
    IMG_8257.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 604
Run!! It's the attack of the giant killer swans!!!!! It's as tall as FCP!! (Sorry, couldn't resist, terrific picture, just thought it funny how huge the swans look with the towers in the background!)

I notice that a view of skyline is always more grandiose and better when it's seen from above than on the ground.
I hope we build some kind of elevated observation deck about 3~5 stories high in the islands for more stunning/ impactful view of the city from there as well as the one we enjoy now from the ground level.
Also I think we definitely need a new 500m+ supertall with a public observation deck on the top, somewhere near Yonge& Bloor to have the greatest 360 degree view of the city ever.
Tokyo has more than 5 peaks (skyscrapers with an observation deck open to public w/ or w/o admission on the top) in different spots of the city. I know Toronto's got virtually 1, which is the CN Tower. This city deserves more, and they should take a look at the example at Roppongi Hills in Tokyo when designing one.

e429c869d9d19748dd6e8aa0f027402f.jpg

http://mice.academyhills.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/e429c869d9d19748dd6e8aa0f027402f.jpg

Last edited:
There's also Panorama at the Manulife Centre. I agree that we need a new super tall. Not because I think having a building over 300m is important, but because I'd like to see a new "tallest" for the city. FCP has had the title forever!

There's also Panorama at the Manulife Centre. I agree that we need a new super tall. Not because I think having a building over 300m is important, but because I'd like to see a new "tallest" for the city. FCP has had the title forever!

Hate to admit it, but I totally agree. I know I know, a super tall should really be irrelevant give the amount of construction currently happening, but, call it a moment of childish desire, I'd love to see someone steal the title of tallest tower from FCP. not that I have anything against it, it's an icon, but it would be nice to see a new tower for a new generation to take the title of tallest in Canada. Actually, I have no doubt it will happen, it's almost a certainty, it's just a question of when. Until then, I'm not complaining, we still have the most construction in the entire Western Hemisphere, that's something to be proud of!

Back