Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

If they got rid of those sliding windows it'll be a shame. Would like to know the reasoning behind that.

My understanding was that the corner units were to have a unique (for Toronto) sliding windows that provide an indoor-outdoor feel, but I can't tell if that is part of what is being built. Is that still there?
The sliding windows were offered only in corner units in the tower as an optional upgrade for many thousands more. ($30k? Can't remember for sure.) No idea how many purchasers opted for them.

My understanding is that the project went ahead with standard juliette balconies on those levels in lieu of the slide-open glazing at the corners of those floors. Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news. :(

Tired of *what*? The developer floated an idea that purchasers found to be too expensive. Can you force people to purchase upgrades?

Why is it even an upgrade in the first place?

An entire article written about it. http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2013/10/freeds-sixty-colborne-feature-unique-openair-window-design

I guess the other "changes" on this project were "upgrades" that no one bought. I'm tired of builders pulling bait and switch. Market "features" then take them away. This happens all the time.

Why is it even an upgrade in the first place?

An entire article written about it. http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2013/10/freeds-sixty-colborne-feature-unique-openair-window-design

I guess the other "changes" on this project were "upgrades" that no one bought. I'm tired of builders pulling bait and switch. Market "features" then take them away. This happens all the time.

It's not a bait and switch to offer an expensive feature few would want to buy as an upgrade. In Calgary, for example, parking is almost always included in the purchase price. You pay 40 to 60K more for your unit whether you drive or not. Would you prefer a situation like that where you don't have customizable options?

June 7th:

IMG_1798.JPG
IMG_1799.JPG
IMG_1805.JPG
IMG_1807.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1798.JPG
    IMG_1798.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 443
  • IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 376