Toronto Seventy5 Portland | ?m | 11s | Freed | Core Architects

Walking by the other night, there was a test patch of the white epoxy on the north face of the building. Did not look good IMO. It was not stucco, just epoxy paint.
S'Bus

Painting of the exterior of this building is now under way. Hopefully it will reduce the austere concrete block-quality.

What an incredibly fantastic building. I think I commented on it just recently, but I just love it. The concrete forms are amazing and I hope that they leave some of it in its raw state.

Yeah, I am not sure that they (Core) particularly wanted the result for the concrete that they got, but it is rather poor. I hope that by painting it they will manage to cover a number of the flaws.

pfive

4 May 2010: The yellow on white entrance makes me think of those good Dufflet pastries' lemon tarts. Come to think of it, a patisserie such as Dufflet's would work well here.

dsc03383e.jpg

The first person to post photos of the white gloss paint wins a prize, right? Guess who the winner is! :D

dsc03385d.jpg

I think it'll look fantastic--rather like the white 1960's apartment buildings.

Okay, the white paint on the concrete looks awesome!!! Now was the Dufflet Pasterie a tip of what is in store for 75 Portland?? Cause I know for sure there intentions are to put a Bakery as part of the building.

It'll keep oil and other hydrocarbons from staining the concrete over time. It'll also help the concrete last longer, because concrete absorbs water when it rains and some volatiles can replace the water in concrete causing it to weaken.

Some colour accents on the insides of the concrete boxes would look great. I'm thinking a few splashes, like the inset spaces in 60 Richmond E.

The concrete in the photos Current posted above looks soooo sweet. I know the epoxy will likely look better in the long run, but I didn't think I'd like the brute concrete look at all.

Okay, the white paint on the concrete looks awesome!!! Now was the Dufflet Pasterie a tip of what is in store for 75 Portland?? Cause I know for sure there intentions are to put a Bakery as part of the building.

I believe that the John Steinberg salon is moving into the building shortly - just something I heard while they chopped off my hair. A bakery would be great though!

When I was in the sales office down the street last week, they said a cafe would be going in. I believe I overheard them saying to each other that they were excited it was indeed going to be a Cafe Le Gourmand, which I think woul dbe great to have there.

Who wants a salon in the bulding? :eek:

Back