Toronto Ryerson's Mattamy Athletics Centre + Loblaws at the Gardens | ?m | ?s | Ryerson University | Turner Fleischer

It's certainly aggravating waiting for this store to open, especially for us in the neighbourhood but I'm looking forward to the 'awakening' of this low key strip of Carlton between Yonge & Church. Right now the closest shopping choices are the cheap but dreary No Frills on Sherbourne or the irritating Metro at College Park. This Loblaws sounds like it's going to offer some sophistication and foodie entertainment to enhance the shopping experience.

I recently tried that Sobeys in College Park... it's a much better alternative to Metro.

I walk Carlton almost daily and it is certainly not a dead street even past midnight. It is by no means as busy as Yonge but why should it be? And oh my so many sushi options :D

I've been looking forward to this opening for a while now, I'll get some pics of the Loblaws and Ryerson gym as soon as I can - but the gym opens later on.

well, it isn't completely dead, but certainly quiet, especially considering college street west of yonge is way busier ( i guess because of college park)... i also think its because there isn't a lot of retail (or mainstream rrestaurants/cafes). the MET only really has Coras and TD bank, there's a subway, sushi place, (chinese restaurant i think), golden griddle, then there's the holiday inn next door, and thats about it,

maybe it's the architecture that makes this stretch of the street dead. aside from the MET, it's kinda gloomy.

What I want is for Rahier or the equivalent to open a shop in the neighbourhood. I'm not holding my breath, though.

well, it isn't completely dead, but certainly quiet, especially considering college street west of yonge is way busier ( i guess because of college park)... i also think its because there isn't a lot of retail (or mainstream rrestaurants/cafes). the MET only really has Coras and TD bank, there's a subway, sushi place, (chinese restaurant i think), golden griddle, then there's the holiday inn next door, and thats about it,

maybe it's the architecture that makes this stretch of the street dead. aside from the MET, it's kinda gloomy.

The Lexington didn't help.

The Lexington is quite the slab; I used to own an apartment there and wish for MLG to be redeveloped. The difference between it and many towers being built or proposed (I'm thinking of Karma especially) is that it offers apartments where you can actually live, not impossibly small rabbit cages. But not many people are concerned about that around here as long as it looks good.

The Lexington is quite the slab; I used to own an apartment there and wish for MLG to be redeveloped. The difference between it and many towers being built or proposed (I'm thinking of Karma especially) is that it offers apartments where you can actually live, not impossibly small rabbit cages. But not many people are concerned about that around here as long as it looks good.

The units there are huge. My only issue with the older buildings are the low, popcorn ceillings. If they were 9ft tall, I'd have no issue buying in an older building.

ya, the lexington is one huge grey bunker (like everything else in the immediate area), my grandma has a unit there and the MET as well... the MET is the complete opposite, very small lobby/facilities/units... but i do like the idea of a roof at the lexington. great open space for photos or whatever,

Back