Toronto Ryerson's Mattamy Athletics Centre + Loblaws at the Gardens | ?m | ?s | Ryerson University | Turner Fleischer

You call 1 photo proof? Proof of what? That they got a nice PR photo? What about my photo, showing the busted binned pieces?

I don't have to prove anything to lemmings such as yourself.

Honestly; not all of us are denying that it may not have been deemed feasible (rightly or wrongly) to save the scoreboard in its entirety. But you seem possessed about it in an obsessive-ex-boyfriend way...

You call 1 photo proof? Proof of what? That they got a nice PR photo? What about my photo, showing the busted binned pieces?

I don't have to prove anything to lemmings such as yourself.

I don't care one way or another about the clock now...it will, likely become a partial display at the hockey hall of fame and that in no way affects my opinion of the preservation nature of this project.

That said, you do realize that you just said that people are lemmings for believing the one picture that we have seen while wondering why your picture (the one only you have seen because you can't show it to us)does not serve as proof to anyone here?

I don't care one way or another about the clock now...it will, likely become a partial display at the hockey hall of fame and that in no way affects my opinion of the preservation nature of this project.

That said, you do realize that you just said that people are lemmings for believing the one picture that we have seen while wondering why your picture (the one only you have seen because you can't show it to us)does not serve as proof to anyone here?

Thats actually one heck of a post.

Had a walk around the Gardens today. Scaffolding is disassembled on the right side of the front on the building, revealing the cleaned brick. What struck me was that the marquee was missing a letter, the "L" in Leaf was gone. Other than that, outwardly there seems to be little change.

How's the progress on the roof?

Not a lot has changed, there's been so much precipitation in the past 6-8 weeks. It looks like they began to cover the black roof with an off-white material (photo tomorrow) so it looks like it won't stay black.

Not a lot has changed, there's been so much precipitation in the past 6-8 weeks. It looks like they began to cover the black roof with an off-white material (photo tomorrow) so it looks like it won't stay black.

As can be seen on the north portion of the roof a light grey material has begun to be applied. Although an apartment is in the way there it looks like the whole roof will be treated with the grey product most likely eliminating the blue Toronto Maple Leaf logos.

Grey or white roofs are better for the environment, as they reflect heat in the summer and retain warmth in the winter. This will keep costs down too.

But it already was white....with a dinstictive (some might say heritage) feature of the Leafs' logo on it.....what advantage to going grey?

But it already was white....with a dinstictive (some might say heritage) feature of the Leafs' logo on it.....what advantage to going grey?

Either way, both are fine to me. I agree, I'd rather have the Maple Leaf logos there than giant Loblaws and Ryerson logos.

Back