Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

I took these during the West Don Lands Jane's Walk yesterday, lots of people! they printed 100 brochures and they ran out pretty quickly.

scaled.php

scaled.php

And this one, from the Lower Don Recreation Trail
img1127mt.jpg

Last edited:
Not to me particularly, hahaha, I pretty much knew everything they said (when I was able to hear it, the megaphone wasn't very powerful), but for someone who was getting to know about the project for the first time it must have been mindblowing.

The view corridor from the Queen St. bridge is going to be wonderful. When you look down King Street, you have the King East condos on the side and right in the middle of the street, L Tower is starting to pop it's head out. It's quite cool.

The view corridor from the Queen St. bridge is going to be wonderful. When you look down King Street, you have the King East condos on the side and right in the middle of the street, L Tower is starting to pop it's head out. It's quite cool.

I can't tell if the stupid TD tower is going to obstruct the view of the CN Tower though. It looks lined up to block it, standing from the point of the bridge.
(Yes, I bought in to this project, and one of my views is west facing)

May 19
7252862002_e7a91d7a06_b.jpg

7252871842_b8eed4e828_b.jpg

7252836524_56b1db78bc_b.jpg

7252833922_4da75e5149_b.jpg

[video=youtube;2_R4KISKTq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_R4KISKTq0[/video]

Correct me if I'm wrong but none of the river city condos have retail correct ? I used to be concerned but taking a bike through the area I can kind of see why, as long as there is a ton of retail along the new street (i.e. where the Pan Am Village / Canary Condos / others) will go.

I think the double height space in phase 1 (facing River Street) will be a retail space. I know the TCHC building will have retail along King E Street.

I think the double height space in phase 1 (facing River Street) will be a retail space. I know the TCHC building will have retail along King E Street.

I was told by the sales person a the showroom that there is only one retail unit which will occupy the space on the north west corner of the building that fronts king & river. The TCHC building at 589 will indeed have retail as well.

It's too bad all of River Street is not lined with retail. It's far enough from Parliament Street, to be a main shopping strip. (after the street is redeveloped with high density residential, in the future)

If the new Front street promande is full of retail it can take on that roll in the area. But I'm worried all those developments won't really live up to that.

It's too bad all of River Street is not lined with retail. It's far enough from Parliament Street, to be a main shopping strip. (after the street is redeveloped with high density residential, in the future)

How much shopping can one city do, though? If all the dreary, arterial roads in our boring suburbs were lined with as many lively retail and cultural attractions as our best downtown streets are would there be enough demand to support it?

Back