Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

i was talking with my neighbor who's an agent and he atteneded the VIP preview event. Here is what he told me about the project. Avg price $470/sf (parking not included and it's 29000 each only availabe for unit > $300,000)and the starting price is $179,000 and that's for the smallest unit 347sf (i guess this is going to be a rental unit). The one on king street is 16 stories and the one on river street is 6 floors. The units selling right now are ranging from 347 to 1200 sf. I have seen the floor plan and nothing really interestes me since the developer is keeping the better unit until next Feburay. The first phrase (2 buildings) will be completed in 2010. The athelete village is going to built around mill and cherry and the units will be renovated for sale after the pan am game. One thing I found about the smaller unit is when you enter the unit, the first thing you see is your bedroom and then kithch and the end is the living room. Personally I didn't really like the design. I am living in that neighbor right now and I really like the location and the community. If anyone is interested, I can post some floor plans after I get back home, (I am not an agent so pls don't contact me for pricing) That's all I can think of right now, feel free to ask me anything.

If anyone's interested in this project, littlemonkey has offered in the Real Estate thread to email UT members with this project's details, floorplans, etc ... very helpful of littlemonkey :D

just send a private message ~ ;)

Here are some more details for tomorrow's Broker launch. If you want detailed plans and pricing pm me and I can provide all the details.

Occupancy to begin late 2012.

>>Deposit - $3,000 with offer - Balance to 5% in 30 days
>>5% in 90 days
>>5% in 180 days
>>5% in spring 2012

>>Prices will range between $420/sf and $500/sf, all subject to change

>>Exact pricing and floor plans available on Nov 25th from 1:00 p.m.
>>Sales office open to clients who RSVP everyday from 12:00 to 6:00 until Dec. 2nd
>>Worksheets accepted till Dec 2nd.
>>Lottery held on Dec. 3rd and make appointments to sign agreements on Dec. 5 & 6
>>345 suites

The information packages refer to the King building and the river street bldg.

Based on the renders, is the king bldg the one with more floors, and the right most (per renders?). Which of the two is the one that will have the grocery store in it?

EDIT: Upon re-reading of this thread, the king bldg is in fact the one with more floors (right most) and is the one to have the grocery/convenience store.

Last edited:
New question:

For anyone familiar with the floorplans, if I want a unit in the King bldg with a view of the don river park, taking into account the other phases of river city to be built, what would be the lowest floor where view would be fairly unobstructed?

The brochure seems to state that the party room in the king bldg would somehow have a view of the don river park, but i dont see how that is possible given the other blgs that wil be built as part of river city.

Any ideas/guidance is greatly appreciated!

Hey Adeel,

The way i see it, the E1 floor plan (04 suite) would have the best view of the Don. It starts on the 3rd floor and is directly in front of the River...naturally it's also one of the most expensive units. The D1 (05 suite) and C1 (06 suite) should also provide views of the Don, but only from the balcony.

I'm still new to the boundaries of the forum, and realized that my "Rihanna" photo was pulled from the thread. I'm not sure if this is too real estate-e so feel free to move it to that thread if necessary. I'm not looking for clients, rather, i'm just interested in discussing the cities projects :cool:...i think i'm getting the hang of it

I fail to see the draw of looking at the Don River. At best it is a Storm Sewer. Just because it is water... It doesn't make it a desirable "Waterview".

Unless the developers of this project plan on adding small wooden docks along the river, adding a boardwalk, small cafes, plus various concessions selling candy-floss and balloons, additionally to hire Venetian-style gondolas to offer evening river rides... Then in my opinion, the westward city view would be far superior.

Hey Adeel,

The way i see it, the E1 floor plan (04 suite) would have the best view of the Don. It starts on the 3rd floor and is directly in front of the River...naturally it's also one of the most expensive units. The D1 (05 suite) and C1 (06 suite) should also provide views of the Don, but only from the balcony.

I'm still new to the boundaries of the forum, and realized that my "Rihanna" photo was pulled from the thread. I'm not sure if this is too real estate-e so feel free to move it to that thread if necessary. I'm not looking for clients, rather, i'm just interested in discussing the cities projects :cool:...i think i'm getting the hang of it

I fail to see the draw of looking at the Don River. At best it is a Storm Sewer. Just because it is water... It doesn't make it a desirable "Waterview".

Unless the developers of this project plan on adding small wooden docks along the river, adding a boardwalk, small cafes, plus various concessions selling candy-floss and balloons, additionally to hire Venetian-style gondolas to offer evening river rides... Then in my opinion, the westward city view would be far superior.

Sorry perhaps you misinterpreted I am referring to the future don river PARK.

That’s a tough one since the height of the next glass tower phase isn't exactly known yet. I think the safest bet is purchasing in the phase to the south of Eastern/Adelaide if park views is what you're looking for.

That’s a tough one since the height of the next glass tower phase isn't exactly known yet. I think the safest bet is purchasing in the phase to the south of Eastern/Adelaide if park views is what you're looking for.

You would be refering to phase 4 of river city, or are you referring to something else entirely. My geography is not very good :eek:

Yep, phase 4 (or possibly 5 depending how they split up the build for the Glass towers). What they're selling now is the two buildings within the boundaries of King St E to the north, River St to the West, The Don River to the East and the Eastern Ave/Adelaide Ramp to the south. 4 glass towers will also be built within this block. The building i was referring to above will be south of these. To the North you'll have the Eastern Ave/Adelaide Ramp and to the south will be The Don River Park. The pic should help :)

rivercity.jpg

Attachments

• rivercity.jpg
    rivercity.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 382
Interesting

Condo turns to lottery system to meet demand

In a sign pre-construction condo appetites among Canadians are healthier than ever, developers are turning to old tricks to ensure they can meet buyer demand fairly.

Sellers for the "River City" project in the West Don Lands neighbourhood of Toronto opted to draw names in a behind-closed-door lottery Tuesday to determine who had first dibs on floor plans. Occupancy isn't slated until 2011 but still developers anticipated demand for their pre-construction units starting at $179,000 to be considerably higher than supply.

More......http://www.torontosun.com/money/2009/12/02/12011401-qmi.html

Is occupancy of 2011 accurate?

The Information Sheet for River City states November 2012 for the River St. building and February 2013 for the King St. building.

Is occupancy of 2011 accurate?

The Information Sheet for River City states November 2012 for the River St. building and February 2013 for the King St. building.

Go by the sheets at a minimum (ie: could be even later than stated). Wherever you saw 2011 is wholly incorrect!

Yeah, for sure. That's what was reported in the linked Sun article and to their credit, I think I had seen that reported elsewhere prior. But there's no chance of that happening and the dates on the River City info sheets proves that.

New layouts

consultant:

Please re-read the forum rules and note that the forum is NOT for solicitation. You have been warned not to do so already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back