Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Ah Mr. Revolta, you're off to a fine start. Just out of curiosity, is your query being made for the sake of comparing experiences?

where are the emergency stairs though??? and if so, does that mean people can just climb up the stairs to your floor, knock on the door and GTFO?? that would suck.

They are in that unmarked middle section along with a service elevator, garbage chutes etc. I don't think the type of people who live at the Ritz are going to be scaling stairwells & knocking on doors to borrow a cup of sugar :). They'd likely all be locked for added security as is common in most high end buildings and some mid-priced ones. The mag locks on the exit doors only unlock from the stairwell side side if the fire alarm goes off.

Toronto puts on The Ritz

The cheapest rooms in February start at $485 per night. A 2,500 square foot suite costs $6,500 per night. Condos in the building start from $1.6 million. The penthouse was sold four years ago for more than $10 million to buyers who were originally from Hong Kong.

More...http://www.thestar.com/business/article/938869--toronto-puts-on-the-ritz

For those kind of prices it must be a dive. Is there really a market for all these new 5 star hotels? I can't see Ritz, Trump, Shangri-La consistently getting high occupancy. You basically need to be a Kevin O'Leary to afford $500 a night on a hotel.

Last edited:
I think that Toronto has been massively under represented by 5-star hotels for years. My bet is they'll all do very well. In fact, if the US economy doesn't collapse we'll see plans for more 5-star hotels in the next two or three years.

How is Graywood as a developer?

I'm in the process of purchasing a unit at O.C and wondering how the quality and so fourth is all about.

Well, today's the day....she is finally opening.....pic by asphaltplanet.ca......

2_Toronto_PL_north_lg.jpg

Back