Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

This morning:

1r2Wp25.jpg

e8yzkwT.jpg

CsMogoL.jpg

The podium looks great from what I can see so far. The "Pedestal" makes it look like the building is floating above the house.

Are they planning on recreating the facade as originally constructed or as it was when it was dismantled? (Cheap repairs excluded of coarse)

Oh gee, the bleeding hearts will all come out of the woodwork ...lets not forget this was all held together by stucco.

+1

That huge sign that practically yells "own with only 5% down" worries me.

Not necessarily. Housing prices are definitely inflated, and saturating the market has resulted in developers "competing" for buyers. Don't get me wrong, it could of course indicate a lack of demand as well, but it's more likely more of the former than the latter.

Last edited:
Oh gee, the bleeding hearts will all come out of the woodwork ...lets not forget this was all held together by stucco.

Then again, what's being done here is technically no different from what was done w/the Bishop's Block on behalf of Shangri-La. So I wouldn't panic.

This is a great example of an otherwise unexceptional tower having just the right proportions and materials to not only match, but enhance its surroundings. When this one's completed, a rather dreary stretch of University will have a little added drama and flair to it.

Completely Agree. Liking the way this building is coming along.

1) What does this remark have to do with anything? The building's facade is already being preserved and that's been the plan all along. Nothing new here. In fact, most of the "bleeding hearts" among us were really happy that the facade was going to have something done to it, since it was covered in an awful grey plaster.

2) I'll never understand the term "bleeding hearts" being used by one group of people to insult another. Thank God for "bleeding hearts" (aka people who care) or else development would ravage the city. Developers, when not challenged or influenced by "bleeding hearts", do some awful things. I suppose you also think the grassroots movements that saved buildings like Old City Hall are bleeding hearts?

Better to be a bleeding-heart than an armchair skyscraper fanboy, regardless.

Last edited:

Back