Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

Interesting perspective, I was expecting it to stand out a bit more prominently. I guess it doesn't because it is sandwiched quite closely with the Zurich building.

wow! i mistook that for a real photo ^^^ nice! never seen that before. RCMI looks really sharp!
this tower will have a nice impact on the skyline (though will almost go un-noticed from the classic west/east view).

Huh. If we got rid of OCAD, the AGO and that cute little park, we could build a half-dozen sky-scrapers in their place. Just think about it: pre-fab as far as the eye can see!

`
rcmim11.jpg

thus reinforcing how small the footprint really is ^^^ thanks for the pic android. i expect to see a crane in/around june!

^^ low profile indeed, I hadn't been paying much attention to this dig and suddenly they're already that deep!

And I suppose it's also a good question, why are they going so deep for a tower that has almost no parking?

Just because there isn't parking doesn't mean both the condo and RCMI do not have storage needs.

plus, i thought the condo still had visitor parking and car-share program.
it still needs space for people to load/unload when moving in/out, etc.

also, i'm sure a 42s building still needs substantial footings !

Footings, limited parking, RCMI Storage, Condo storage units, subterranean mechanical rooms, ventilation shafts, etc.

There are any number of underground elements to any building project. The limited size of the site means that Tribute simply has to dig deeper to accommodate them.

Moving along nicely.. they should be good to honour the soft occupancy date of November 2012.

This is an important precedent project for T.O. would love to see more slender buildings with large bike storage areas and no resident parking spots.

Back