Hamilton Radio Arts | 47.6m | 14s | Canlight | KNYMH

Current state beside the render:
1000005593.jpg
1000005592.jpg

Oh, if only our streets were so clean and attractive as in the rendering! That would be another universe, another reality. Yesterday, walking the length of King from Queen to Victoria, I couldn't help but notice the many different paving materials used for pedestrians, especially the section along Jackson Square, two different types of pavers, regular concrete cement sidewalk sections, etc. and with the rain we've had how uneven it has become, when you see the ponding of water in the settled areas. Fingers crossed that our streetscape gets a makeover once the LRT or whatever forces its hand.

Oh, if only our streets were so clean and attractive as in the rendering! That would be another universe, another reality. Yesterday, walking the length of King from Queen to Victoria, I couldn't help but notice the many different paving materials used for pedestrians, especially the section along Jackson Square, two different types of pavers, regular concrete cement sidewalk sections, etc. and with the rain we've had how uneven it has become, when you see the ponding of water in the settled areas. Fingers crossed that our streetscape gets a makeover once the LRT or whatever forces its hand.
It should look very pretty after LRT construction. Let's hope the city by then has its finances in better order so it can afford to maintain them.

All this new development should help with that property tax base, and LRT will supercharge that I'm sure. Once we see roads ripped up for LRT I expect to see the proposals along King and Main to double if not triple. If KW, a much smaller and less substantial city is any indication at least.

Hamilton's road spending is on track to increase significantly so road conditions should improve a bit by the end of the decade. I don't expect the city to be gleaming any time soon though, especially since council is still rejecting introducing even basic services like litter control.. (Council voted against introducing a dedicated litter control crew for the city this year - outside of the downtown, it literally does not collect litter today). They have consistently been keeping annual roads spending increases though, including a 0.9% tax increase this year dedicated to roads. Roads spending under the current plan will roughly quadruple between 2019 and 2029.

Hamilton's road spending is on track to increase significantly so road conditions should improve a bit by the end of the decade. I don't expect the city to be gleaming any time soon though, especially since council is still rejecting introducing even basic services like litter control.. (Council voted against introducing a dedicated litter control crew for the city this year - outside of the downtown, it literally does not collect litter today). They have consistently been keeping annual roads spending increases though, including a 0.9% tax increase this year dedicated to roads. Roads spending under the current plan will roughly quadruple between 2019 and 2029.
My experience with the city has been a brush off when I inquired about doing some volunteer litter removal in the area. Sheesh, talk about a Debbie downer attitude!

Back