Toronto Rêve | ?m | 14s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

I'm thrilled about this project. It's great for the neighbourhood.

ELEMENT Hotels is inspired by Westin Hotels & Resorts and will re-define the extended-stay segment by giving guests a place to flourish while on the road.

Excellent. See, that's the thing... when I travel, I just sort of subsist. I don't flourish.

Well, you just haven't been in your ELEMENT 'til now.

Isn't marketing grand?

target-demographic 42

560 Front Street West - Hotel

Another hotel proposal for the Wellington West neighbourhood.

A few details here ...

http://wellingtonplace.org/

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/deve.../non-residential_monthly_report_june_2007.pdf

560FrontStreetWest4.jpg

560FrontStreetWest5.jpg

560FrontStreetWest6.jpg

560FrontStreetWest7.jpg

560FrontStreetWest8.jpg

560FrontStreetWest.jpg

560FrontStreetWest1.jpg

560FrontStreetWest2.jpg

560FrontStreetWest3.jpg

Hey Cabeman, I moved your post here as 560 Front is the aloft/ELEMENT hotels project. Thanks for posting pics of the site and related links (although the urbandb one doesn't seem to work. (Want to fix it or delete it?).

Is anyone with more geek values than myself able to capture those pdf files of renderings of these projects to post here? They look rather nice. It will indeed be a very competitive hotel environment--looks like some are betting (i tend to agree) the new highend dining and shopping district will be King West from around John (the more commercial stuff) to Bathurst. Maybe Holt's will end up down here someday?

Holt's? Wrong demographic. Keep dreaming!

(You've got to have Rosedale and Forest Hill money nearby to keep Holt's going.)

I meant Holt's lite. One day--factor in increasing immigrants+aging hipsters with kids but still love downtown lifestyle, I predict large 3-6 bedroom condos will be developed--perhaps in next cycle 2020's? Thus a small Holt's boutique on King West makes sense--after Festival Centre, Ritz, M5V, and many more towers are completed (2012?)--to keep the clientele from straying to indie boutiques. But, I'm no expert just a contrarian thinker.

Its a bit odd that this project has not started yet (it was officially announced some time ago). As for the area having 'high end shopping', I would really be surprised (there is hardly any retail now for newer higher end stuff to take over). This area will largely consist of a club or two and some decent restaurants (most of which will come and go every few months). The high end retail will stay at Bloor and Yorkville. Young professionals in small apartments are spending all their money on overpriced drinks. ;)

Hey Cabeman, I moved your post here as 560 Front is the aloft/ELEMENT hotels project.

... thanks for that, I should have done a more thorough search before I posted (I did a quick search by address, but didn't think to search by hotel name).

I removed the UrbanDB reference, could've sworn it was a working link when I posted it, but as I recall it just had an excerpt from the press release (which I now know you guys had well covered quite a while back).

Is anyone with more geek values than myself able to capture those pdf files of renderings of these projects to post here?

... done

^parking is below grade. Perhaps you're refering to the section of the neighbouring that is rendered grey in the 3D drawing? That's the adjacent building on Front.

Back