Toronto QueenChurch | 185.9m | 57s | Tridel | Kirkor

Since everyone is just denying your claim without explaining why, I'll try.

19 Duncan had a significant commercial office component, and that's why the architecture is so much higher quality than this. Not only do commercial owners have a vested, long-term interest in the attractiveness of the final building, commercial office tenants negotiate harder, longer, and better than condo owners do. As such, commercial buildings must be built to better standards than residential ones to attract quality occupiers. In addition, its heritage retention component is much better-scaled to the rest of the development - it's a midrise industrial loft building rather than a lowrise retail/apartment one. Much easier scale for our eyes to resolve against the tower and creates far better proportions. Finally, Westbank, HPA, and ERA are some of the best names in the biz in Canada. Westbank delivered Telus SkyTower in Vancouver, and also has KING Toronto and Mirvish Village in the pipes - all developments know for their fine details and high-grade architecture. In comparison, Tridel has a pretty hit or miss history. For every Aqualuna Tridel produces, there's two or three Aquabellas or Metrogates. Kirkor is... not delivering Westbank-quality projects. No further comment.

Since everyone is just denying your claim without explaining why, I'll try.

19 Duncan had a significant commercial office component, and that's why the architecture is so much higher quality than this. Not only do commercial owners have a vested, long-term interest in the attractiveness of the final building, commercial office tenants negotiate harder, longer, and better than condo owners do. As such, commercial buildings must be built to better standards than residential ones to attract quality occupiers. In addition, its heritage retention component is much better-scaled to the rest of the development - it's a midrise industrial loft building rather than a lowrise retail/apartment one. Much easier scale for our eyes to resolve against the tower and creates far better proportions. Finally, Westbank, HPA, and ERA are some of the best names in the biz in Canada. Westbank delivered Telus SkyTower in Vancouver, and also has KING Toronto and Mirvish Village in the pipes - all developments know for their fine details and high-grade architecture. In comparison, Tridel has a pretty hit or miss history. For every Aqualuna Tridel produces, there's two or three Aquabellas or Metrogates. Kirkor is... not delivering Westbank-quality projects. No further comment.

Awesome. Thanks for the explanation. I just thought it looked similar because of the fins that go all the way up and down the building and the building itself has a bit of sleek design to it like Toronto House. I wasn't really thinking it would come out as nice, just sort of wishful thinking but based on the renders it looks pretty nice.

Awesome. Thanks for the explanation. I just thought it looked similar because of the fins that go all the way up and down the building and the building itself has a bit of sleek design to it like Toronto House. I wasn't really thinking it would come out as nice, just sort of wishful thinking but based on the renders it looks pretty nice.
It is never good to believe renders and some companies produce more 'optimistic' renders than others!

Just a couple, taken April 22nd, 2024:

DSC03480.jpg

DSC03481.jpg

Back