Toronto Quartz at Concord CityPlace | 131.97m | 41s | Concord Adex | RAW Design

Will Concord break from their recent City Place trend and try for something other than grey cladding?

we have an address, thanks to urbanation's twitter feed.....

Coming soon to 10 Housey St at Dan Leckie Way (Railway Lands Block 33), Quartz by Concord Adex Developments:

Will Concord break from their recent City Place trend and try for something other than grey cladding?

God, I hope so. I never used to have any opinion on the colour grey but in the last few years I've really started to hate it. It's so ubiquitous in this city and the more I see it, the more hate it. I consider it a cop out for developers. Instead of using some creativity, with different colour combinations, they just throw on the grey spandrel or trim, just like every other building. I much prefer black, especially for aluminum trim.

In 30 years time, when grey is hopefully, out of fashion, people will question why 80% of our buildings are all the same drab colour. Enough with the grey already!

Although I don't mind grey when it is glass but I do agree that there should be more colour.

Won't the TCHC buildings here change that for this neighbourhood?

Wow... Concord has just given up on this neighbourhood altogether. What is this thing? Did they not learn ANY lessons from the development of the other blocks?

I just find it funny that there's a general vibe in the views that Cityplace condos suck in general. Whether it's the quality, the design, the number of renters to owners, and the tenants who trash the places. Is it really that bad?

Last edited:
I just find it funny that there's a general vibe in the views that Cityplace condos suck in general. Whether it's the quality, the design, the number of renters to owners, and the tenants who trash the places. Is it really that bad?

well from this building and many others, i find the floorplans are horrible.
several years ago, a collegue from work was looking to buy and he could still hear traffice from Spadina/Front with the windows fully closed;
from what i've seen the quality of finishes is average;
buildings are dominated by renters vs owner occupied, who seem to treat the place like a 20-30 yo dorm

I wouldn't label it one size fits all. I live in a CP unit and I think my layout is decent. My bedroom has a window. My den is fairly big and has a closet and I have a C shaped kitchen. How is that horrible? When I close my window, I don't hear traffic when my window is closed. I do hear the odd muffled sound once in awhile which I think might be the train.

The finishes of the unit varies. I know what you mean that some are bad. But just because there's a few bad apples don't make all bad apples. I also know there are some problems such as elevator and water issues but I don't think other condos a free from those. It just depends on the frequency. Concord seems to be improving things as they go along. I can't deny they've made mistakes in the past.

Regarding owner vs rental. CP isn't the only place. Many condos are investor owned and rented out. I think you would find a hard time even naming a few new condos that are mostly or completely owner occupied.

I don't know what the suites are like in the City Place condos, but I see the buildings from where I live. I'm hoping for something a little different than the dark grey towers that have gone up over the last few years.

I agree that the podium looks great but the tower is oriented in the wrong spot for that site.

I think that Concord is probably trying too hard to make a neighbourhood that coordinates. Although to be fair, individually its buildings are all pretty decent examples of our period's design aesthetic.

Personally, I feel they area is already too gray box-y and would have preferred that they had a tower borrowing more from Panorama than everything else they've built. I'm just not sure this tower does enough to prevent a sense of creeping monotony.

Back