Toronto Pinnacle on Adelaide | 144.47m | 46s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

For craps sake....

It's another box. What happened with the earlier design? It was more interesting. Is Toronto doomed to boxes forever?

i'm with Ramako on this one, i think the design is exactly the same. wait until we get larger, high-definition renders from all angles.

Last edited:
As close to the earlier renderings as one can possibly get. No idea what people are complaining about.

The rendering looks nice.. Wouldn't this building's south view be directly blocked by the Bell Festival Tower just down John Street?

Last edited:
From hariripontarini.com

joa_01.jpg

joa_02.jpg

There will be the two heritage structures between this one and Festival Tower, so a reasonable separation between the two... and I'm not convinced that blocked is the best way to describe one building's effect on another's view unless they are within 20 feet of each other anyway. The new building becomes part of the existing one's view of course, but one can normally see around the sides of their neighbours too. Cross your fingers, and the neighbours may even be worth looking at.

Meanwhile, I'm liking that strong, sexy diagonal beam in the podium.

It's probably just artistic license but from the first render, it looks like John St. will be getting a bit of a makeover as well.

That's part of the long-term plan for John Street (A 'cultural' corridor from the Skydome through Grange Park to the AGO).

Any idea on the timeframe for this project?

It's another box. What happened with the earlier design? It was more interesting. Is Toronto doomed to boxes forever?

man, you took the words right out of my mouth! another clunker of a design. doesnt any architect in this city have an original thought?

Back