Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

It's moving along - nobody should expect many new project opening for a while - sales are still very slow and there will be a long hang-over due to the unsold supply of units currently on the market.

from today's Daily Commercial News...

MIXED USE BUILDING Proj: 9092211-4

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANNING

318 Richmond St, John St, Peter St, M5V 1X2
$42,000,000 est

Note: This project has been placed on hold by the Owner. Detailed design is complete. City Council approvals for rezoning and site plan are in place. Sales and marketing began early 2009 and are now on hold. Timeframe for marketing, Working drawings, Sub trade tender and construction will be determined based on improved economic conditions. Further update Spring, 2010.

The project was formerly known as Gansevoort Toronto. The Project name has changed and a new project name has not been determined.
Project: building automation; energy recovery ventilators (ERV); heat recovery systems; geometric articulation to enhance shade and decrease cooling costs; light-colored exterior to reflect heat and decrease heat gain; proposed construction of a 275-room, 35-storey hotel, spa and condo residence. The building will feature 130 residential suites and 145 hotel suites. Ammenities will include a heated outdoor rooftop pool with underwater lights and music; a rooftop bar and lounge with landscaped garden; and a spacious event loft with panoramic views of Toronto and Lake Ontario. The building will feature extensive restaurant, spa, and retail space. Owner will seek a Silver certification under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system
Scope: 355,000 square feet; 35 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 275 units

I wonder which hotel chain might be lured here to take the lace of the Gansevoort. The Standard maybe? It could fit their branding...

And another perfectly good building gets demolished for...a parking lot. It is long past time the city stopped issuing demo permits to developers who don't have their ducks in a row.

And another perfectly good building gets demolished for...a parking lot. It is long past time the city stopped issuing demo permits to developers who don't have their ducks in a row.

The local Councilor Adam Vaughan is on a crusade to remove a number of the larger clubs from the entertainment district (the club in this particular lot had some security issues in the year running-up to its demolition). He was more then happy to help move some aspects of this project along quickly i.e. knocking Big Volume down.

The local Councilor Adam Vaughan is on a crusade to remove a number of the larger clubs from the entertainment district (the club in this particular lot had some security issues in the year running-up to its demolition). He was more then happy to help move some aspects of this project along quickly i.e. knocking Big Volume down.

Sorry for going off topic, but whats wrong with this man,:eek: Remove the clubs, kill the C-Ctr. airport, etc, in other words lets get rid of anything or anyone in my jurisdiction that is making money.....What a Dipstick:rolleyes:

You should go for office Automation, and write all of your campaign literature exactly as you have the post above. And don't forget the smileys!

Yes, but a functional, tax-paying dump that attracted visitors to the area and helped ensure a lively streetscape. I am no crazier about Clubland than the next guy, and I understand AV's crusade to make it into more of a mixed-use area, though I'm not sure how far I agree with it. That said, preferring a parking lot to a nightclub is just nuts. This is Toronto; development comes in long cycles. In all likelihood that land will sit vacant, sucking life out of the street, for another what, three or four years? At minimum. That's not a trade-off I'm comfortable with.

Yes, but a functional, tax-paying dump that attracted visitors to the area and helped ensure a lively streetscape.
A streetscape with an eyesore venue laced with barf and piss. I don't think it's crazy to prefer the interim parking lot. The nightclub did absolutely nothing positive for the streetscape.

Yeah, it was. That place went downhill when it became Joker.

I forget what it used to be (RPM?).

Last edited:

Back