Toronto Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning | ?m | 21s | Sick Kids | Diamond Schmitt

They've doing soil testing this week on the parking lot north-east of SickKids, and directly west of the Delta Chelsea. Any ideas?

Feb 16:
6896400543_17339cc89d_b.jpg

6896399857_c1f4428a0d_b.jpg

6896394115_335a34d48b_b.jpg

6896395701_8218e9af1a_b.jpg

I'm sure someone here has an idea, but I'd like to know if/when that parking lot right north of the bus station is going to be developed.

I could see an office building but not condos anytime soon. The fumes from the buses would never allow anyone to use their balconies. The depot has to move.

I wonder why The Conservatory Group hasn't released anything yet. Maybe they are holding out for office uses

They iced their plans there for the reason that Ed007 stated: nobody wanted to deal with bus fumes or noise. It's on hold until the coach terminal moves.

Well, unless there's some kind of plan to move that place, I won't hold my breath. What'd be great is if it were somehow factored into the Union Station redevelopment. It'd make a lot of sense and those two lots on Bay could get something really amazing.

Well, unless there's some kind of plan to move that place, I won't hold my breath. What'd be great is if it were somehow factored into the Union Station redevelopment. It'd make a lot of sense and those two lots on Bay could get something really amazing.

There are plans for a new bus terminal near Union Station. Relocation of the current location would also make the block on Edward Street, between Chestnut and Elizabeth (Arrivals building) available for redevelopment.

Article from today: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/02/19/planners-struggle-to-fix-torontos-third-world-bus-station/

Planners struggle to fix Toronto’s ‘third-world’ bus station

Tristin Hopper Feb 19, 2012 – 4:39 PM ET

But the days of the TTC-owned Depression-era bus garage may finally be numbered. In their 2012 business plan, released last June, Metrolinx hinted that they were seeking designs for a “downtown multi-carrier bus terminal near Union.” In the months since, planners have been secretly making phone calls and scheduling meetings. “We have been in talks with Metrolinx, but nothing at this time has been confirmed,” Greyhound spokesman Timothy Stokes told the Post, adding that his employer was in favour of an “intermodal hub” for buses.

Metrolinx would only say that they were indeed considering a “new bus terminal near Union Station.” “This process involves confidential discussions, so we’re not able to comment further,” said Metrolinx spokesman Malon Edwards.

For nearly 20 years, the Ontario Motor Coach Association has vigorously called for the demise of the Bay and Dundas station. “It’s an older building, it’s a bit rundown,” said Doug Switzer, president and CEO of the OMCA. Most importantly, it is cut off from the city’s other transit networks. Dundas subway station is five minutes away by tunnel and if bus passengers need to catch a VIA Rail connection or a GO Train to the suburbs, they need to haul their luggage along some of Canada’s most crowded sidewalks — or try their luck in a sweaty eight-block trek through the PATH.

we have been getting hints on the SITQ thread at 45 Bay for a while now that a bus terminal is planned for the base..

I wonder why The Conservatory Group hasn't released anything yet. Maybe they are holding out for office uses

So they own that huge parking lot north of the bus terminal? In that case I think we're better off if they never propose anything...

Back