News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 421     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Toronto Pearson International Airport

TIL American Airlines (specifically, a contract operator doing so in their livery) are operating Prevost coaches between Philadelphia and the destinations of Allentown PA, Lancaster PA and Atlantic City NJ. Boarding in Philadelphia occurs at an airside gate but landside at the Atlantic City end (not sure what happens at the other two but I expect it’s also curbside)

I wonder if Air Canada or other Pearson operators have considered a similar arrangement. I know KLM have a bus from Ottawa to Montreal but that is landside from Ottawa railway station to Dorval curbside, therefore with no airside component

TIL American Airlines (specifically, a contract operator doing so in their livery) are operating Prevost coaches between Philadelphia and the destinations of Allentown PA, Lancaster PA and Atlantic City NJ. Boarding in Philadelphia occurs at an airside gate but landside at the Atlantic City end (not sure what happens at the other two but I expect it’s also curbside)

I wonder if Air Canada or other Pearson operators have considered a similar arrangement. I know KLM have a bus from Ottawa to Montreal but that is landside from Ottawa railway station to Dorval curbside, therefore with no airside component
Air chance is going to be doing this out of YKF or YHM to YYZ. There's really nothing to see here as this will die and go away quickly.

A little embarrassing that we don't have trains to do that.
Why?? There are places around the world that don't have trains/trams to the airport. Edmonton, Halifax, Detroit, Prague, Glasgow are a few that come to mind that may see bus service only.

Agreed, but airport-to-airport buses are fairly common in Europe, especially with the growth of smaller discount airline-oriented airports.
The US has some too that actually pick up at a gate at the airport and the drive out of the airport and drop off in front of the next airport.

The US has some too that actually pick up at a gate at the airport and the drive out of the airport and drop off in front of the next airport.
My understanding is the one that will be running out of Kitchener at least will be after security. You will go through security and baggage check at Kitchener and then be dropped off at YYZ after security.

Back