Mississauga Parkside Village Residences | 135.93m | 45s | Amacon | Richmond Architects

They'll be just in time for the next condo boom to sell their taller-than-Marilyn building (since it'll probably be among the last to go to market).

Hmm... that is interesting. I remember reading that Parkside Village was not going to be about height. So for a sales person to make a statement like that does not seem to fall in to line with what Amacon wants for this development.
Either way, height competition as fun as it is, does not equate quality.

Not going to be about height? Most of the buildings proposed are already taller than anything in MCC today. If I remember correctly, Amacon had always thought of the 50 storey tower being the tallest in Mississauga. Fernbrook came out of nowhere with their international design competition and then increased the height. I was actually expecting Amacon to come back with something bigger and hope that the sales agent was right. I think what they meant by not being about height was that this project would not consist of entirely point towers. It would be a mix of various housing types to create a diverse neighbourhood with many housing options.

If they do go for the tallest in Mississauga, I really hope they also hold an international design competition to make it the best looking tallest in Mississauga. Its going to be the 'Signature' of Mississauga.

Not going to be about height? Most of the buildings proposed are already taller than anything in MCC today. If I remember correctly, Amacon had always thought of the 50 storey tower being the tallest in Mississauga. Fernbrook came out of nowhere with their international design competition and then increased the height. I was actually expecting Amacon to come back with something bigger and hope that the sales agent was right. I think what they meant by not being about height was that this project would not consist of entirely point towers. It would be a mix of various housing types to create a diverse neighbourhood with many housing options.

If they do go for the tallest in Mississauga, I really hope they also hold an international design competition to make it the best looking tallest in Mississauga. Its going to be the 'Signature' of Mississauga.

You don't need a competition to have a signature tower. Plus it should fit in with the rest of the development to a good extent.

And I'm sure they'll go for 'tallest in Mississauga'. It's pretty attainable, even with Absolute World.

Sales office discussion

I was there Sunday, I was told a TD Bank will be in the mix and the entire width and height of the north podium will be offices for lease. The ground foor of that podium will be retail.

Looks like Parkside Village is going to start construction soon?
Taken May 12, 2009:

Parkside%20Village%20-%2005.12.2009.jpg

from today's Daily Commercial News...wonder if phase 1 construction will be starting anytime soon?

CONDOMINIUM TOWNHOUSES, RETAIL & OFFICE SPACE Proj: 9058146-9

Mississauga, Peel Reg ON NEGOTIATED/WORKING DRAWINGS
Residences of Parkside Village, Phase Two, Burnamthorpe Rd, Confederation Pkwy, L5A
$90,000,000 est

Start: September, 2010 Complete: September, 2012

Note: Working drawings are underway. Sub trade tender and construction schedules are undetermined pending sales. Owner expects schedules will be finalized Summer 2010 based on completion of Phase One. Further update early 2010.
Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of three storey condominium townhouses. Also proposed for the site is construction of a seven storey podium building in the northeast quadrant of the site for 52,000 sq ft of office space. 30,000 sq ft of retail space is proposed along the north, east and south frontages of the site and an additional 7-storey podium building which may contain retail and/or residential units will be built adjacent to the southeast building. The number of units for these structures has not been set. Phase One of this project can be followed under report number 9072406.
Scope: 910,000 square feet; 7 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 5 structures; 1496 units; parking for 1280 cars; 32 acres
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Commercial offices

this from Daily Commercial News.....

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDINGS Proj: 9072406-10

Mississauga, Peel Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE

Residences of Parkside Village, Block 8 Phase One, Burnhamthorpe Rd, Confederation Pkwy, L5B

$90,000,000 est

Start: November, 2009 Complete: August, 2011

Note: Sales and marketing are underway. Working drawings are complete. Gen Cont will finalize Sub trade tender schedules late Fall/early Winter, 2009. Construction schedules will be set Winter, 2009. Further update November, 2009.
Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of condominium apartment buildings. These will be built in two 36 storey towers with 584 units each and a 45 storey tower with 900 units. A four storey podium will connect the towers with a landscaped terrace and roof-top amenity space. This is the first phase of construction of the residential development followed under report number 9058146.
Scope: 827,745 square feet; 45 storeys; 3 structures; 2068 units

Finally! That's great news.
Interesting how it talks about the third tower, which hasn't even gone on the market yet.

I went by the presentation centre today just to get some info and the lady told me that The Residences is 90-95% sold (Occupancy 2011) and the Grand Residences is 60-65% sold (Occupancy 2012). There is also a third tower from that block which hasn't been released yet (I imagine it'll be the same as The Residences). She also said the whole village is planned to take 10 years. Although I guess we'll see how the market goes these next few years.

I went by the presentation centre today just to get some info and the lady told me that The Residences is 90-95% sold (Occupancy 2011) and the Grand Residences is 60-65% sold (Occupancy 2012). There is also a third tower from that block which hasn't been released yet (I imagine it'll be the same as The Residences). She also said the whole village is planned to take 10 years. Although I guess we'll see how the market goes these next few years.

Good info! Thanks for the detective work.

I was actually surprised at the low numbers for the Grand Residences. I also asked about the townhouses and she said they were all sold out.

well the Grand Residences were the phase 2 tower afterall ... which means they started sales later too ~ :)

It will be nice to see construction finally underway for this one - did the sales rep mention when they were planning on starting? Hopefully pretty soon...

Back