Toronto Ontario Line: Corktown Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | HDR

The City are continuing to press the Province and have them officially transfer the strip of land south of the First Parliament site and north of Parliament Square Park to the City so that they can separate cyclists from pedestrians at that pinch-point. It is agreed in principle and it will be good to get this done, the actual physical changes needed are quite minor.
The new bike path is almost complete.

They seem to be taking another break on the bike path. Unsure of why the tent changes. But I think that might be the parliamentary foundations.
IMG_5539.jpeg
IMG_5538.jpeg
IMG_5145.jpeg
IMG_5146.jpeg
IMG_5149.jpeg

There's something peeking through that looks older than time there... 🙀

A modestly closer look, at the expense of some resolution:

View attachment 483826
The parliament buildings were wooden (with shallow stone foundations and were closer to Front Street. Much more likely the foundations of the City Gaol or possibly part of the Gas Works. The 'foundation wall' looks curved and POSSIBLY the octagonal section as below.

Gaol.jpg

Bike track 'diversion' at Parliament Square Park almost finished. The concrete and brickwork is all done and today they stripped off the asphalt from the ex-Green-P in preparation for repaving. Almost done.

SPA Docs are now beginning to appear, pretty limited so far.

* note that drawings package is labelled 'placeholder'

From the above:

1686600189227.png

1686600217505.png

1686600247422.png

1686600285502.png

1686600353385.png

1686600389199.png

As it clearly makes sense (and is Provincial policy) to intensify around transit stations, I am a bit puzzled at why the new station building appears to be a one or two storey one. Why is all this 'transit stuff' not on the main floor and the basement of the new 55 floor "Doug Ford Memorial Building?

As it clearly makes sense (and is Provincial policy) to intensify around transit stations, I am a bit puzzled at why the new station building appears to be a one or two storey one. Why is all this 'transit stuff' not on the main floor and the basement of the new 55 floor "Doug Ford Memorial Building?

It's a placeholder.

The layout of what will be the station (interior) from the perspective of the passenger will likely hold close to what you are seeing here.

But new towers will be above, I presume, and haven't been designed yet.

Those will likely come through a separate application process; as well.

That will obviously change the exterior as proposed above.

It's a placeholder.

The layout of what will be the station (interior) from the perspective of the passenger will likely hold close to what you are seeing here.

But new towers will be above, I presume, and haven't been designed yet.

Those will likely come through a separate application process; as well.

Also the station does protect for future TOC as you can see here.

1686600285502-png.484783

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not actually sure it necessarily will, beyond there being a tower above it. Lyon Station in Ottawa was built as a pavilion entrance, and then the TOC was built around/above it after the Confederation Line opened. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar situation here.

I'm not actually sure it necessarily will, beyond there being a tower above it. Lyon Station in Ottawa was built as a pavilion entrance, and then the TOC was built around/above it after the Confederation Line opened. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar situation here.
Based on the preliminary images, I think they would have to build the tower at the same time (but I am no expert in this matter).

Screenshot 2023-06-13 165554.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-13 165623.jpg

These are from the EngageIO website (not sure if they've been posted in another thread).

Back