Toronto Ontario Court of Justice Toronto | 95.7m | 17s | Infrastructure ON | Renzo Piano

The roofline is not doing its proportions any favours, but I imagine it will be a well-executed project with great detailing.

What's the material on the outside. Has a sheen so could be glass, or aluminum. Or is it stone?

Looks somewhat similar to what was used on the Paris courthouse but maybe a little more tactile? Curtainwall over a metallic cladding of some sort on the south face?

Similar to what's on the northwest corner of the Whitney?

626.008.jpg

source

wow, a lot smaller than the zoning they got. Still cool.

Am I correctly reading this as 17 floors?

Presumably most of the higher-volume, public facing items on Floors 1-4?

Also a question for those in the know; what is the protrusion from the easterly portion of the tower? Is it merely an architectural flourish, or does it have a function?

I'm still early in my opinion-forming stage.

First thoughts; quite like the lobby , spacious, airy, inviting, bit iffy on the bright yellow, but it might work.

Court room is fine, though rather monotone, I'd prefer to see the back wall w/the dais done in different wood tone, something darker to provide contract and a focal point for the room.

Exterior, not bad..........hmmm, maybe quite good........but......maybe a bit more bland than I was hoping for, based on these initial renders.

Looks good and no doubt the details will be top-notch. Can't say I'm not disappointed,as I hoped for something a bit less utilitarian than what we usually get in Toronto. I have to say though the grand lobby treatment will do wonders for that location.

Back