Toronto OnePark West | ?m | 13s | Daniels | Core Architects

Dan:

They are ONLY doing the townhomes in the project - the mid/high rises are in the hands of far more decent architects (aA/Diamond Schmitt/Kearns Mancini)

AoD

Phew!

G + C should have to live with Crombie's 45 foot height limit. I'd love to see it re-imposed on them.

It should create quite a stylistic constrast between the towers and the townhomes! Sort of like that development out by the Humber and the Gardiner.

Thanks for posting those plans. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed. I hope it's a success!

I guess they just care more about the interior and location than the architecture. I've heard they have some build quality problems (leakage), too. I can't see even people who prefer more historicist architecture liking those townhouses.

I guess they just care more about the interior and location than the architecture.

I'm sure there are people that do like them. Personally I can't wait for the trees to the south of them to grow so that I never have to see them again.

Some Pics From Today:

regents1.jpg

regents2.jpg

regents3.jpg

regents4.jpg

Here are the renderings for Daniel's portion of the project, from Diamond + Schmitt:

project_regent_ex11.jpg

project_regent_ex21.jpg

project_regent_ex3a1.jpg

project_regent_ex41.jpg

This project might be separated into a different sub-thread when there is more info available...

AoD

PS: The website also have updated info on Corus/Project Symphony and a new condo in Buffalo.

I'm a little confused by the rendering. Is that centre courtyard all a level above ground? In the first picture, the glass facade goes from one tower to the next. In the 2nd rendering, the townhouses go from one tower to the other as well. In rendering 1, there's a glass section that appears 3 storeys in height, but in image 3 you can see it from the back but it only appears 1 storey. Pretty neat and it'll completely fill up that section of the block.

Thanks for posting the images.

The green roofs are a nice touch.

Alvin:

After further analyzing the renderings, I'm convinced the courtyard area between the towers is raised at least 1 floor.

Some people have called this project a way to clear out he poor people and poverty.

I think scattering these people all across the city then instead of focusing them in one area will benefit the city a lot.

I think this project gets rid of our past public housing mistakes.

How is it clearing out the poor/poverty? Won't the same people be moving back into this new Regent Park?

They live in that neighbourhood. The City is improving it for them. Once that is done, they will return to where many of them grew up and where they will continue to live.

Back