Toronto One Valhalla Towns & Condos + Triumph Phase Three | 116.12m | 35s | Edilcan | P + S / IBI

Mike, do you know if the new proposal will retain the oasthouse roofs?

In regards to the parking garage, the builders must figure that no-one will want to live right on the 427 anyway, and will want to be up somewhat from it. Let's hope the garage has a pleasant enough facade to it.

Interchange,

No idea about retaining roofs. I imagine the above ground parking garage will be similar to the Ellipse condos in Scarborough that had above ground garages facing onto the 401.

Interchange,

No idea about retaining roofs. I imagine the above ground parking garage will be similar to the Ellipse condos in Scarborough that had above ground garages facing onto the 401.

...and totally kills the overall look of the buildings (viewed from the 401 at least)

3257746877_077952d791_o.jpg

The 50s modernism of the area is going to be utterly destroyed. I wish the buildings going along here were a little more modernist than what I am looking at.

Oh yeah, all those old commie slabs (yes adma, I know they were considered "chic" at one point) in parks that litter the area are just lovely.

They don't litter the area. They are "of their era". And yes, they were the "in" thing at one point.

I love'em! Just as I love the condos going up right now that will look super-fugly in 40 years.

Oh yeah, all those old commie slabs (yes adma, I know they were considered "chic" at one point) in parks that litter the area are just lovely.

Actually, it depends where. Some nodes (like West Mall N of Bloor) are more "stable" than others (like East Mall S of Rathburn). They just look all generic from the 427.

Besides, there's other threatened non-commie-block exemplars of 50s/60s modern here: most of all, the Etobicoke Civic Centre...

MODs ... a thought :)

1 Valhalla Inn Road (Etobicoke, Edilcan, 29 + 25 + 22s)

Last edited:
Auction

It looks like the Valhalla auction will be taking place this week. So for all you nostalgia-seekers you can purchase used hotel memorabilia at a great price!

LOL

Any news on the development yet? I think it would be great to add some new bones to this area, its really getting 'depressed' and run down.

The entire East Mall/Burnamthorpe/Bloor zone is feeling a bit dingy these days. I live near Islington/Queensway and often drive past this area and notice the mix of old buildings, and tired looking plazas. Hopefully this will be the start of something good for the area.

Back