Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

We are attempting to get confirmation.

Some amazing renderings and and model shots of this project were posted on SSC th other day (yesterday?). I've got to say, this building could be kinda hot. The balcony glass is apparently going to have a frit and will appear white, like the lightbox balconies. Love that look. I'm glad this wont be a big blue (or green) box.

Uhhh, Fervour, every rendering and model shot up on SSC's One Bloor thread is quoted from stuff I posted here a couple months ago.

I don't usually report unconfirmed second hand information, but it's my understanding that five floors containing about 35 units have been added to the project. This would result in a 70-storey tower with about 730 units.

^what's your (shady, second hand) source?

Name:

It isn't like anyone would name that now, would they? All you need to know is that the UT member reporting this has a rather good rep on the forum.

Looks like we're going to get what UTers craved afterall.

AoD

I have no problem with Mike in TO personally and i regret calling him out in particular. Many members here throw out new speculative info all the time -and that's fine. Adding 5 or 7 floors to this tower is exciting to hear. i was merely interested in knowing how solid his source is -how much credence i/we could put in this claim. Judging from the indignation incited, sounds like he's irreproachable.
I'm new here, still i'm learning the ropes and didn't realize that such a query is considered an offense. I apologize.
If a well ensconced member simply putting out technical data is sufficient that's fine. I realize that Mike in TO was (reluctantly) referencing a second hand source.
so i hereby declare, i, Name will never question a senior member's stuff ever again.

(hey, do any of you remember a 'reputable' CBS reporter named Dan Rather?
Well this Rather Biased empty suit put out unsubstantiated/questionable reports about the president of the time...
In the end he did not have a credible source; he was busted, outed -and having admitted to fabricating the story, the old fart reluctantly issued a half-hearted apology. Summarily, he was fired. Today, he's night manager at a Super8 in El Paso or somewhere, i think.
Remember the pointy heads at East Anglia and their (bull-feathers) global warming data?

point is, checking sources is good)

Dilbag, what's with the exclamation mark? -and 'punk'? You sound ANGRY!

Hello Name,

If you had been around here for a while, you would have seen that Mike In T.O. is one of the most mature, thoughtfull, insightfull and well informed members of the board, rarely if ever expressing a personal opinion or perjorative comment on architectural opinions or the merit of comments by others.

Given the number of other individuals who post opinionated or trivial comments which serve only to express their own egos, adding nothing of merit to the discussions, to have made a derrogatory comment about Mike was bound to get a reaction. You can obviously include me in the group in defense of Mike In T.O.

AHK

Back