Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I can definitively say that I like it now. One of my hopes for the project is that all of the balcony swooshes - not just the ones that reveal smooth curtain wall - play out obviously enough when the building is finished. I have my doubts about that one, but I'll be waiting with bated breath for a few years, I suppose.

That is a fantastic update 42 but it makes me realize what I always suspected:

These development companies have architects design tons of buildings that don't even have a plot of land to sit on. How else could they have such a comprehensive deign ready, when they only bought this property from receivership in August of '09? Not to mention the ability to add floors if the demand is high enough. You can't simply slide some floors in on a design like this, the way you could with X for example. It would throw off the whole sweeping curves. I bet they have several versions of this building all on the backburner waiting for use.

Interchange: Thank you for this very comprehensive set of pictures and description. You haven't left much room for questions; you appear to have got all of the info and brought it to us.

Certainly an interesting comment about the possibility of increasing the height to 80 or whatever, although I'm not sure I would hold my breath waiting for that. Increasing heights isn't as easy as one might think, what with both architectural / engineering considerations and, probably, the need to rework financial arrangements. But it's an intriguing possibility.

The whole tower isn't curtainwall, only the "flat" strip running up each elevation, and the lantern. The rest of it is going to be window wall

WOW-- amazing shots, Interchange. How did you get into the event?

The model shows some new details-- the way the crown works on the tower, and how the balcony curves and indents resolve into the rest of the tower. I definitely see some interesting ideas at work there.

Thanks for the comprehensive photos of the model Interchange. I liked this tower enough from the original renders, but the model just looks fantastic and I'm really looking forward to it. Is it the flamboyant and Word Class Cutting Edge™ design that some were hoping for? Perhaps not, but I think this will be a great addition that fits into the landscape, while also adding something more than your standard nowadays condo. The renders show a blueish hue to the glass, but I'd love it if the building actually turned out as icy white as the model. Something like Telus, but a little less reflective.

Okay, now that I've seen the roof better, I like it. I would like this building to be taller, and I hope they try to go for an increase if sales are really good.

Thanks very much for the info and the pix 42. I have 2 questions. Are the wavy balconies purely aestethic or, like Aqua, are they designed to cut down on the winds. I'm kind of mystified by the 25,000 sq. ft of retail space on the lower level with no connection to HBC. It seems like it would be a tough sell down there. I'd hate to see another Cumberland Terrace.

Thanks 42 for the pics I'm starting to love this building now. IMO, best design yet for the Yonge and Bloor intersection. is it just me or does the building look like a "1" from one of the angles? lol....it looks good anyhow so score one for GG and HP!

With the new pictures of the top of the tower and the podium, I'm really starting to like this. Here's hoping sales allow them to add more floors!

One quibble - I do wish they carry the non-linear motif all the way to the ground level - something that flows like the podium balconies would be nice, though it could be challenging for retailers. Think IAC in NYC...

AoD

Thank you for the pictures of the 6th and 7th floor. Keeping my eyes open for media releases so i'll JFGI. I'd love to hear a story on how they figured the price/sq footage, such as what quantity of value in location, transportation gateway, prospective resident profile... cheers

Back