460     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 417     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 904     3 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Still, those retailers are not big companies. You are talking about moving costs, construction costs etc. For just a short period, I don't know if it's worth it at all...

Anyway, so what are they doing now? Already working the underneath when nothing's happening on the ground?

Still, those retailers are not big companies. You are talking about moving costs, construction costs etc. For just a short period, I don't know if it's worth it at all...

Anyway, so what are they doing now? Already working the underneath when nothing's happening on the ground?

Sorry - I meant Bentley. Both Bentley and Ardene are fairly large for Canadian retailers. Ardene has 400 locations alone. Without seeing the lease - Brookfield could have put in a sweatheart lease deal in Brookfield, with an indemnity clause dependent on demolition, wherein they were given a lease break on another location. Its kind of a win-win for a retailer of that scope/size. I believe the leasing office (Dov Blidner) is the same for both retail concourses too..

Many stores will operate temporarily, even just for a few months. They still make money, even if the sales aren't very high due to the short term period it's open. It's advertising the store name also, which wouldn't have been there if the store wasn't there.

This is next to McDonald's at Yonge & Wood

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 1X5

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 134070 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 15, 2013

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing ground floor retail unit of existing multiple unit building "Wine Rack" (178.7m2) with a convenience address of 472 Yonge St.

City needs to do something from Yonge/Wood to Yonge/Wellesly east side portion. Cheap and tacky is and understatement.

Dineen Building

This might not be brand new, but The Chase and Dineen Coffee Co have signs up in the Dineen building storefronts at Templeton and Yonge. A UT article from last August had identified the cafe to be a Starbucks-to-be. Wonder what happened, and glad it's something unique too.

By the way, is there a thread about World's Biggest Bookstore location?

I wonder what to do with that big area. I bet, condos :mad: I know the owner said no. But if a big corp throws in millions in front of them, I don't see why they'd say no.

Any idea what/who's moving into Bay/Adelaide PATH? Some stores opened and closed in very short period, and now the whole big area is under construction. I think it must be some big shot going in cause they only have the $$ to get rid of smaller stores and with such big construction.

Brookfield decided to proceed with the second tower at the Bay Adelaide Centre much sooner than they originally intended to. Everyone thought they would be in those stores for longer. As someone else responded, there would have been clauses in the contracts covering an early move-out. Hopefully the retailers were reasonably compensated. They likely were.

By the way, is there a thread about World's Biggest Bookstore location?

I wonder what to do with that big area. I bet, condos :mad: I know the owner said no. But if a big corp throws in millions in front of them, I don't see why they'd say no.

You should be able to find it in the Projects & Construction Forum.

wonder what will become of this place at the corner of queen and niagara... very cool building with the giant windows on the corner

4903218268_95d7de653e.jpg

Attachments

• 4903218268_95d7de653e.jpg
    4903218268_95d7de653e.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 398
The Running Room has just opened at the base of Murano south tower (corner Bay and Grenville). It is a bit different from the usual retail (dry cleaner, convenience store, nail/hair salon) in the other condo towers in the area.

This is on the southwest corner of College & Spadina

Application: Designated Structures Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 137631 DST 00 DS Accepted Date: Mar 21, 2013

Project: First Party Sign Building Permit Related

Description: To erect and display two wall signs and two projecting signs on the northerly and easterly elevation of first storey. Signs are all illuminated and in conjunction with a drug store/pharmacy. **Rexall**

Back