Toronto Musée Condos | 53.95m | 17s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

1 September 2012: The model is being made (Quadrangle posted photos of it on twitter) & this project is gearing up for a September launch. I hope it does well because it fits in nicely with One Eleven, but I'm not really hopeful the market is going to suddenly recover this Fall. It's fallen off a cliff....

What the hell is behind this mountain of dirt?

20120901191002.jpg

Right, some artifacts for the future museum:

20120901191046.jpg

20120901191103.jpg

20120901191144.jpg

Perhaps Plaza should break this project down into 2 or 3 boutique buildings--easier to sell.

RE: mountain of dirt?

From what I hear, they are just checking the soil and it will eventually be leveled off for a parking lot.

How nice of them to destroy that old warehouse building to bless us with another parking lot. Plazacorp at it again, stitching together a rich urban fabric for all of us Torontonians to enjoy! :)

I know..I really wished a developer (not Plaza Corp in particular, maybe a collaboration?) would have done something with the existing brick building and really put an honest effort into preserving Old Toronto with New Toronto. The lot was big enough to make another, modern addition and still make a decent buck, but I guess another typical story in Ward 20.

Sept 21:

Some interesting foundations with little flags - anyone care to elaborate? I took this picture having zero idea what I was looking at

RlCP5.jpg

No September launch on this one. Or October. It will be pushed back 5-6 months. And I have a feeling the initial design we saw won't be what's eventually launched. But I may be wrong.

Archeology? That's funny. What exactly would they hope to find? The lost city of Atlantis?

I'm going to make a couple calls tomorrow to find out what's happening at that site.

Hooray! More garbage for the west side of downtown! Why is it we get all the junk (Liberty Village, Cityplace, King Blue, M5V etc.) and the east side gets the interesting stuff (River City, Pier 27, Market Wharf, Berczy etc.)
Of course I'm exaggerating here, hits and misses happen all over town, it just feels a little off balance as of late

While I'm saddened by the nice warehouse they tore down, based on the most recent renderings what makes you categorize this as a miss? I rather quite like the design. Nice street wall, incorporation of (non-black) brick, textured facade throughout and a decent street scape including one of the more interesting car entrances I've seen.

Then again, Plazacr*p is building it so I'm sure the pleasant aspects will be watered down to mediocrity.

Back