Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

Well then he should get involved with this project and do it in.

Now if only he was invovled with every single issue posted on all the forums out there.

tsk tsk ... he better get reading. :p

a little off topic, how is the quality (features/finishes) of Diamante buildings (suite finishes, amenities, etc)?

Well then he should get involved with this project and do it in.
The mayor has no power to decide the recommendations of the planning department. Nor should he. Elected politicians make the final decisions on developments, not the planning department.

Now if only he was invovled with every single issue posted on all the forums out there.

tsk tsk ... he better get reading. :p

As if. We could only hope.

The mayor has no power to decide the recommendations of the planning department. Nor should he. Elected politicians make the final decisions on developments, not the planning department.

.. And when they're done the OMB can come in and override them, yes, and they're not elected. Sadly we have elected politicians that couldn't give a hoot. This development surely indicates that sad fact.

My true point is that Nathan Philips Square and all it entails should be entitled to a special lookout, not that it has had such a luxury at all in recent years.

Last edited:
a little off topic, how is the quality (features/finishes) of Diamante buildings (suite finishes, amenities, etc)?

Not sure about the inside, but One City Hall is one of the best condos to grace Toronto's streets in years. I love that building and even try to make a detour to walk by it every chance I get. This just shows you the power of good architecture, because I used to avoid that stretch of Dundas because I thought it was especially bleak.

Not sure about the inside, but One City Hall is one of the best condos to grace Toronto's streets in years. I love that building and even try to make a detour to walk by it every chance I get. This just shows you the power of good architecture, because I used to avoid that stretch of Dundas because I thought it was especially bleak.

Yes, One City Hall really does have a street grace about it, doesn't it. We need more work like this. The human touch, and it's not cookie-cutter stuff.

I think that when Diamante built the first phase of this development, they believed that the second phase pretty well was guaranteed to get approval by the city, i guess it didnt work out. :( This is one area/site where the city worries of height more than quality.

Last edited:
whoa, i just noticed the title change "Former Two City Hall (Bay & Dundas, Concert, 26s)". I hope tihis will be a condo for sale rather than rental apartments.

Last edited:
Im just curious of what the city expects to be the height limit of any future development of the Bus Terminal building on Bay street, considering its close by this site and in the same area.

The vista that Revell created still exists, and that 'internal skyline' will largely be shot to pieces with anything exceeding about six storeys at Bay/Dundas.

I highly doubt Revell believed that vista would remain indefinitely.

i'm curious, does anyone know if the parking lot in front of EnWave will be developed? is it likely that EnWave be torn down for bigger development?

i'm curious, does anyone know if the parking lot in front of EnWave will be developed? is it likely that EnWave be torn down for bigger development?

If you are talking about the parking lot at Elm, a new building to house researchers for Sick Kids is going to be built there. The EnWave building is staying though, to heat/cool the buildings in the neighborhood.

Back