Toronto Minto775 King West | ?m | 17s | Minto Group | Hariri Pontarini

^I noticed that.

Cause there isn't one at King and Strachan and Queen and Ossington and King and Peter. Shoppers, Tim Hortons and RBC have become the unholy trifecta of condo retail.

Otherwise, I'm perfectly fine with this building. Just the ground floor retail shows how far developers have come when you compare it to the condo to the East with its hobbit-hole retail.

That one is moving to this location.

That one is moving to this location.

Presuming this to mean that the Shoppers Drug Mart at King & Strachan is moving to 775 King St. West. Well, according to the pharmacist at the King & Strachan SDM, when asked yesterday afternoon whether his store was moving - the answer was no, the 775 King location is a net new store. He anticipates that the King & Strachan location will be moving a bit further west than Strachan in the future, but neither site not timeframe had been established yet.

Presuming this to mean that the Shoppers Drug Mart at King & Strachan is moving to 775 King St. West. Well, according to the pharmacist at the King & Strachan SDM, when asked yesterday afternoon whether his store was moving - the answer was no, the 775 King location is a net new store. He anticipates that the King & Strachan location will be moving a bit further west than Strachan in the future, but neither site not timeframe had been established yet.

Interesting note. I'm not sure why he believes that is the case as I am closely acquainted with the retail consultants for the new store. Moving has been in the works for awhile.

13 July 2013: "Stopless grey stopless condos"
r7mj.jpg

j963.jpg

i condo therefore i shopper's drug mart?
l08k.jpg

They're running out of grey paint folks!
c8r2.jpg

suii.jpg

gn7a.jpg

It was totally worth the walk to King & Niagara:
3phi.jpg

Residents here have to put up with many of the elevators being down.
I heard Minto hasn't been paying the bills to the elevator contractor, so the elevator company is refusing to do any work.
Everyone's very frustrated.

We have updated our dataBase to reflect that Young + Wright Architects has been folded into IBI Group. Though this project was originally partially credited to Young + Wright Architects / IBI Group, the dataBase file now simply shows IBI Group as per their request.

Looks like the corner retail unit has finally been leased here. I walked by today and contractors were outside eating lunch, with some framing going on inside. The for lease sign is still up outside though, and there is no sign of who the tenant is.

I thought that last post was a bump until I looked closely at the last pic and saw the building has been complete for four years!

Back