Burlington Millcroft Towns | ?m | 3s | Branthaven Homes

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Early stages for a proposed 12-block, 2 & 3-storey townhouse development by Branthaven Homes on the block bounded by Appleby Line to the east, Turnberry Road to the west and Taywood Drive to the north in Burlington's Rose neighbourhood:

No documents or renders yet but we do have a site plan from Burlington Development Applications:
2273TurnberryRd_04012021.png

Looks like around half of the foundations are complete. First photo is from February 7 looking west across Appleby Line, second is a screenshot from Google Earth dated October 2022
IMG_7958.jpg

Screenshot_20230212_092151.png

First townhouse units on block 10 on 2273 Turnberry Road are building underway with wood installations

Buildings 1-2 5-12 concrete foundations has been installed except buildings 3-4 because of the sales centre still here.

View attachment 462667
You beat me to it by 22 minutes hahaha. Here's mine
IMG_0198.jpg

April 6 - framing is almost complete on the block that faces Appleby, a fence has been built along the southern property line (far left) and framing is starting over on that side. Excavation has also begun for the block where the sales centre was up until a couple weeks ago (right side).
IMG_1077.jpg

The front block has reached its full height, and framing on the southern and interior blocks is progressing quickly. As of today a small retaining wall has been built where the sales centre was, and the foundations for the north blocks (along Taywood) are being poured.

For reference, the blocks along Taywood will be 3-storeys, same height as the block along Appleby. The blocks along the south side (left in images) will be 2-storey, and the interior blocks will be a mix of both.

IMG_1287.jpg

Wow! That was quick (from your last update in April). Were they working weekends?
I have seen a couple people on site on saturdays, but nothing major happening. Here is an update from Friday (June 23)

Framing is mostly complete. Brickwork has started (although not really visible yet) on the east block, the one in the front here
IMG_5574.jpg

Overnight last night around 4:30am, the entire east block (closest to appleby, and nearest completion) burned to the ground. Just hours after I took those photos. There’s absolutely nothing left of it.

My power has been out since then, and I can hear helicopters. I live less than a kilometre from it.

Last edited:
It's rather concerning how common these fires are becoming. People on X (Twitter) are claiming these fires are started by people who over leveraged themselves and are desperately trying to get out of their contracts with the builders. Collect insurance money and walk away.

There’s a lot of increase of under construction house fires this year due to weather related (like heat) in Vaughan, Oakville, Ottawa and Even Hamilton

But this townhouse on 2273 Turnberry Rd might be an arson.

Back