Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

I knew you would probably say that... techinically yes. but I mean opaque/solid ceramic:

AAAAAiHZeb4AAAAAAB8eSw.jpg

Essentially, it's a 70s Eaton Centre tower tribute that's gone "Jeanne Gang" on us.

All day long they work so hard
'Til the sun is going down
Working on the highway and byways
And wearing, wearing a frown
You hear them moaning their lives away
Then you hear somebody say

That's the sound of the architects
Working on the "Jeanne Gang"
That's the sound of the architects
Working on the "Jeanne Gang"

Massey Tower is to these two heritage buildings what Theatre Park is to the Royal Alex, I suppose. When the cage match takes place, my money's still on aA, though.

Given the location, with Massey Hall nearbye and the homage paid by the name, the flamboyantly curved balconies do suggest theatrical boxes rather well.

A real estate agent friend of mine sent through some info regarding thsi development...he put in a comment that this building would have a subway (PATH?) connection.

Quick google search hasnt yielded anything i can really rely on (mostly agents saying things) just wondering if this project will have a subway/path connection?

That would be another fantastic selling feature if this tower could connect to the north end of Queen station and the rest of the PATH.

The newest render so far is quite stunning and I have to say that Yonge is getting some great pieces of H+P architecture between this, One Bloor, and Five Condos.

A real estate agent friend of mine sent through some info regarding thsi development...he put in a comment that this building would have a subway (PATH?) connection.

Quick google search hasnt yielded anything i can really rely on (mostly agents saying things) just wondering if this project will have a subway/path connection?

that will be absolutely fantastic if it becomes a reality.. hope five condo can consider putting in a PATH connection too! Then i can go from my five condo to my aura to massey all underground! what a fantastic dream!

It's tricky working with the TTC, I'm not so sure the developer would go to all the trouble with a PATH connection and associated costs just so that residents don't have to cross the street outside to get into the EC. Plus, isn't most of the Eaton Centre locked down at 10pm?

Very interesting... Five, Aura & Massey are the only new-build projects I've purchased since 2007.

Great minds think alike? :)

not sure about the great minds.. but personally i just look at yonge street condo project, and these 3 makes the most sense for me, with the best location..

Back