Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

Well I didn't mind his latest offering for Chongqing:

18237_1_safdiechina1.jpg

18237_5_safdiechina5.jpg

sad01.jpg

Though it seems the only heritage integration is the loose association of the form with a chinese sailing ship.

A glance at agoraflaneur's post should be your first clue. Thankfully, none of his Big Hair proposals for Toronto have ever come to fruition.

What's wrong with Big Hair?

Absolutely nothing (RIP)

amy_winehouse.jpg

Seriously though, I'm getting concerned about the rumours flying around about this site. There's a very limited amount of space in between them and in behind them, I can't see anything significant built on this site without losing much of the exterior and interior heritage of these two buildings.

Last edited:
There's a very limited amount of space in between them and in behind them, I can't see anything significant built on this site without losing much of the exterior and interior heritage of these two buildings.

Has there been any documentation of what extant "interior heritage" exists at 199 Yonge? (Simply wondering--preemptively, of course--since it's assumed that's the more likely of the two to be "facaded".)

Back