Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

thats what I'm asking though because I havent been there since last year. What is there now? In the pictures it looks like trees with weeds underneath... I hope not though.

While I don't have anything to report on re: the planters, I can tell you that we have a front page story now up of a Market Wharf tour we took three days ago. The story features 30 terrific shots by UT member and photo contributor rdaner. Check it out!

thats what I'm asking though because I havent been there since last year. What is there now? In the pictures it looks like trees with weeds underneath... I hope not though.

There are trees with a ground covering plant(s) on the surface. I am sure there are weeds in there but most of it is the ground cover. It is their first season so they are a bit sparse. The planters are irrigated so I suspect they will grow ok.

The tower looks fantastic with its slightly jagged yet still flowing irregular balconies. It reminds me of NXT in the way it looks like it's broken up into two wings on the narrow two facades. In NXT's case, the wings are more balanced in proportion, but at Market Wharf, the imbalance compliments the aesthetic of the balconies with the narrow eastern wing and the wider wing with balconies. The colour of the bricks on the podium is a refreshing break from black, with a rich aesthetic of red and brown tones. Market Wharf is a building that has been so enjoyable to see being built with all its engaging details.

I have posted the views of the city from the top of Market Wharf in the Toronto Skyline Thread in City Photos and Videos Section.

From Jarvis and Carlton, looking south.

2012june26004b.jpg

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I've been a big fan of UT for a couple of years now, spending way too many hours each week on the laptop. I just never had the guts to try to post a photo, until now. My favourite threads are L-Tower, Market Wharf, Trump, Shangri-La (I work at Simcoe & Adelaide), Miscellany Toronto Photos, Evocative Images of Toronto, and of course every development thread on the east side of Yonge where I live (33 Mill Street). The view from my 27th floor apartment is fantastic, so now that I know how to post an image, I'll be posting photos of current and future downtown, midtown, and waterfront developments from my angle. It's amazing how many cranes I see from my window - from Bloor and Yonge down to the waterfront. Anyhow, I'm glad to be in good company and I hope to share my photos, and the odd comment, for a long time to come.

Back