Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Crombie lives in the minto midtown??? Crombie (although a great mayor) was not the biggest supporter of high rise development during his tenure as mayor. Im quite surprised to hear hes living in the minto midtown...which was engulfed in a municipal politics $%^storm for a long time before construction began....Interesting info Ed

I don't think that Crombie was afraid of heights, though for the sake of his legacy, it helps that he isn't living high up in Quantum these days. The concern at the time was over losing entire city blocks of heritage buildings and the functional built form of the old city characterized by diverse buildings and short, walkable blocks. It was about reining in a development industry that seemed out of control, buying up, neglecting, then demolishing entire streets of Victorian and early 20th-century houses and buildings for the likes of St. James Town. Thus, the law imposed a height limit of 45 feet and a certain maximum floorspace, with a strict review possible for exceptional circumstances where a large building was deemed necessary. The Toronto Reference Library itself was reviewed and starkly changed from its original design, as seen in Unbuilt Toronto 2.

from yesterday...
20120108033.jpg

20120108035.jpg

Thanks for your photos. I haven't seen the view from down there before. Here are a couple of mine from the St. Lawrence Market and Market Street 2 days ago. :)

Last edited:
Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5E 1N1

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 179985 BLD 01 NB Accepted Date: Jan 11, 2012

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Revision to remove amenity room on 5th floor and convert to parking.

Application#: 09 179985 BLD 01 NB Accepted Date: Jan 11, 2012
Description: Revision to remove amenity room on 5th floor and convert to parking.

Thanks for the heads up. I found the original 2009 application on Toronto.ca, but not this new revision. Can you post a link or a pdf copy?

Our Condominium Documents Phase Two book contains a list of all spaces/units in the building as well as plans that include all floors. The Levels 4, 5 and 6 plans are the same: parking spaces, bicycle rooms, stairs, etc, a vehicle ramp and a row condos on the Lower Jarvis side. No amenity rooms. The only amenity spaces listed or shown are the ones on Level 7 (gym, guest suites, patios, etc.). The vehicle ramp doesn't go up to that level.

So what does Context want to remove/convert? :confused:

Last edited:

Back