Toronto Market Street Redevelopment | ?m | 2s | Woodcliffe | Taylor Smyth

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5E 1B8

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 174522 BLD 01 BA Accepted Date: Aug 22, 2011

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Multiple Projects

Description: REVISION - to change the interior layout on ground and second floors and change exterior cladding to brick. Proposal to combine buildings 87 Front Street, 12 Market Street, 8 Market Street and 118 The Esplanade to one single building (Multiple tenants). Proposal includes interior demolition and interior alterations, including demolition and construction of a three storey addition on 118 The Esplanade. Demolition of existing service garage on 118 The Esplanade to follow. See 09-148786.

I think this is the thread for this...

IMG_4517.jpg

The protective covering has just been removed from the old Fish Market Restaurant on Market Street and the "new" version of it is really quite nice. Whether it is like it once was I am not sure.

That looks incredible. Very well executed faux-historic brick facade. These buildings are going to do a great job filling in those gaps in the already fantastic St. Lawrence area urban fabric.

Second floor of the fish market building, which lines up with the current LCBO store.

The plan is that the LCBO will EVENTUALLY- mid-2012? - move into the 2nd floor but while it is being fitted out and properly linked to the current store they will move temporarily into the (new) ground floor on Market Street. When the old store and new extension are finished the entrance will again be on Front Street.

It looks good though I wish they had added another floor to work more with the buildings on either side.

The plan is that the LCBO will EVENTUALLY- mid-2012? - move into the 2nd floor but while it is being fitted out and properly linked to the current store they will move temporarily into the (new) ground floor on Market Street. When the old store and new extension are finished the entrance will again be on Front Street.

Thanks for the clarification. Afterwards I suspect a restaurant of some sort will take over the ground floor of the restored building. I'm also really hoping the pedestrianization of Market Street happens, since the preliminary plans look fantastic.

Back