Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Most of the talk seems to be about the outside. We did our finished MLS unit inspection this week and for 1/2 million $$$$ the finishing is pretty bad. Enen the $1,000 we paid in upgrades are finished poorly. The fine workmansip is bad. Ceiling and wall drywall joins are highly visable, walls not level or even flat, the bathroom caulking is too thick and lumpy. There are no baesboards just slopply painted 1 x 2" chipwood pcs. Very disappointed. The inspection assistant just rushed us through the process. Very disappointed. At the time of purchase the sales agent said some questions we had would be addressed as we got closer to finishing = at the disign center whan picking out our finishes we were tolf questions would be answered at the inspection - at the inspection we were told they knew nothing and could do nothing!! what the H?? lwarmed the hard way, good thing it is for rent I wouldn't life in it. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Oh yeh, at the time of the sale 5 years ago we were very clearly told to other building would be coming up in front of the south tower - now ICE has 2 that will block the vbiews we paid for!! Very disappointed!!

We also just did the Pre-Delivery Inspection and were not impressed. Had all the same experiences. They tried to russ us through but I would not leave until I was done. Lot for them to correct not not holding out hope they will. In the sales show unit they had engineered wood floors and when we asked what was standard and what was upgrade the sales agent pointed to the floors and said the engineered floors are standard. In the finishes office later on they are trying to tell us that multi plank laminate flooring is engineered flooring. It is criminal and there should not be allowed.

Most of the talk seems to be about the outside. We did our finished MLS unit inspection this week and for 1/2 million $$$$ the finishing is pretty bad. Enen the $1,000 we paid in upgrades are finished poorly. The fine workmansip is bad. Ceiling and wall drywall joins are highly visable, walls not level or even flat, the bathroom caulking is too thick and lumpy. There are no baesboards just slopply painted 1 x 2" chipwood pcs. Very disappointed. The inspection assistant just rushed us through the process. Very disappointed. At the time of purchase the sales agent said some questions we had would be addressed as we got closer to finishing = at the disign center whan picking out our finishes we were tolf questions would be answered at the inspection - at the inspection we were told they knew nothing and could do nothing!! what the H?? lwarmed the hard way, good thing it is for rent I wouldn't life in it. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Oh yeh, at the time of the sale 5 years ago we were very clearly told to other building would be coming up in front of the south tower - now ICE has 2 that will block the vbiews we paid for!! Very disappointed!!

Were you able to take pictures and show the problems to us? That would be great.

Are these experiences exceptions, or do they suggest something more general?-- don't buy pre-construction, or if you do, carefully scrutinize every word in the contract and be sure everything promised is in there. Seems builders/realtors have a upper hand because there is a lot of flexibility with language, and details can be obscured in fine print and jargon.

I hope your problems are resolved to your satisfaction!

Double row of Maple trees going in along York this afternoon...(iPhone pic)
4616179294_b9441794ef_o.jpg

I've done a few PDIs (2 in VU condo, meridian etc.) I have to say I had a different experience. I thought the maple leaf square is fairly similar to the others I have inspected. Yes, you are always rushed when doing these PDIs. You have the occasional scratch on the 'hardwood' floor and paint chips/ cracks (minor cosmetics). As long as the items are repairable, I really dont mind.

4616692182_f001ca9a9f_m.jpg

4616077895_ea0dc7a123_m.jpg

4616077429_44664b47c6_m.jpg

My worst condo experience was and is at Greenpark, the richmond, the workmanship there is horrible. Nothing ever gets repaired properly. The inspector rolled his eyes on everything I complain about.

As an investment/ owner, just be happy that you made money from the pre-construction prices ;)

As noted by yyzhyd above, MLS got its trees Monday:

MLSentry.jpg

MLSsidewalk.jpg

MLStrees.jpg

I had a chance to pop a couple of other pics of MLS on Monday:

MLSPodiumpano.jpg

with this detail of the pool deck:

MLSPodiumpool.jpg

seems like we're hearing the same complaints about poor quality and workmanship as Murano ... coincidentally a Lanterra project also ~

Back