Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

This provides a solid street wall:

4533981837_6a25c805ea_b.jpg

Been a while since I looked at the plans but I do not beleive there is a separate entrance but that the residents do park on lower floors......so the public eventually finds a level that they cannot access and below that it is tenant parking.

Interesting. When I drove in, there was a Taxi Queuing area, followed by 2 of the impark gates (the one where u can insert your CC or get a parking ticket). I drove around the public lot trying to see where the residences would be, but couldn't find anything. On the way out, there was also the impark gate.

Maybe tenants will be able to get through the impark gates somehow .. not sure!

Interesting. When I drove in, there was a Taxi Queuing area, followed by 2 of the impark gates (the one where u can insert your CC or get a parking ticket). I drove around the public lot trying to see where the residences would be, but couldn't find anything. On the way out, there was also the impark gate.

Maybe tenants will be able to get through the impark gates somehow .. not sure!

Like I said been a while since I looked at the plans....did you go down a few levels or just on level 1? My vague recollection is that the upper two levels were public/event parking and, yes, there was plans for a taxi stand to serve, mainly, the hotel. I think if you had gone down to levels 3/4/5(I think there might be 6....again, Iforget) that you get to areas that only residents can park in.

p1030179m.jpg

The twin buildings - today..
It's interesting that the bottom of the balcony is left in concrete form rather than being painted. As you can imagine, the west side of the North tower would be blocked by the new Ice Condo commercial building (up to may be 40th floor) and the west side of the South Tower may be fully/partially blocked by Ice 1 and 2.

nice shots Scott218 .... thanks !! and welcome to UT ~

hopefully the ICE complex won't block too much of your view in the future~

Unfortunately, ICE's commercial building will definitely block my view in the future. : (
In the meantime, I will take more snaps for everyone to see the progress in the area. Anybody else living in the area?
@khristopher - I was wondering for the longest time what that material is.. It seems to get dirty rather easily.

The black stuff is a material sandwich. It's a thin layer of plastic sandwiched between two paper thin layers of aluminum. It's incredibly sensitive to denting and scratching, which is why they need to clean it off of a chair (an ordinary swingstage would destroy the wall the first time it went down)

Wow. If it's that fragile, I wonder why it was chosen for exterior cladding on this project. I assume that there must be some compensating advantage -- greater insulation value?

It looks much better now that it's being cleaned, that's for sure!

Does anyone know what that black portion is on the roof? They almost look like giant TV screens. Are they just vents?

Wow. If it's that fragile, I wonder why it was chosen for exterior cladding on this project. I assume that there must be some compensating advantage -- greater insulation value?

No, just dirt cheap to fabricate. It's got absolutely zero insulation value, especially the way the panels were made. It does have that really nice high-gloss finish when it's new, but it won't last.

I think the real justification was that they wanted the facade to have that blocky, stepped look, and that material is the easiest way to do it (without getting into fussy details like Trump has).

Back